IGNORED

New U2 Album Free via itunes!

Guest skibby

500,000,000 copies are being made and given away via itunes of U2's new album. Making this album the world record holder for the most copies owned.

Don't miss out on this rare opportunity to be a part of Guinness World Record history!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shit album, btw - even for someone that at one time liked U2 (pre 1997 U2 that is, before they crawled up their own arses) - it's not a big deal, but did they have to push the album to people's devices (yes, I know there is a setting in iCloud for this)? I can see being offered a chance to download it, but forcing it on someone seems... invasive.

It's a shit album, btw - even for someone that at one time liked U2 (pre 1997 U2 that is, before they crawled up their own arses) - it's not a big deal, but did they have to push the album to people's devices (yes, I know there is a setting in iCloud for this)? I can see being offered a chance to download it, but forcing it on someone seems... invasive.

Exactly! It also seems a little desperate... Maybe they've realised no one cares about their music anymore! :D

No, sadly U2 are still one of the highest-grossing acts around... that and the fact they are superb tax-dodgers ensure they have way more money than sense.

there are a few tracks on Unforgettable Fire (Promenade and, Elvis Presley and America) where Eno really shines and Bono is buried in the mix, I think these are really good. you maybe suprised...

I think Unforgettable Fire is a great album TBF, but yeah not to deviate, they have been awful for years. Without Eno I think they would of been a bit like SImple Minds. They would of never made Zooropa FFS without him.

the joshua tree is a pretty great album too, brilliant really, and there are some pretty nice early new wave-ish tunes from them

in the 80s they were really good imo

now they suck a mean ass

500,000,000 copies are being made and given away via itunes of U2's new album. Making this album the world record holder for the most copies owned.

Don't miss out on this rare opportunity to be a part of Guinness World Record history!

Why should I waste my time making history with a shitty album from a shitty megalomaniac band?

Everytime someone deletes this album from his library, a child dies in Africa

LOL

I don't particularly hate U2... may have something to do with not having lived in a time were U2 were relevant

Hmmm. Maybe it's because I used to talk to people who were older than me, but I think we must be around the same age and I certainly have met many people who were really enthusiastic about U2. this was when radiohead and los planetas where the only allowed bands, so i think around 2004 or so.

i have this idea for an apple commercial: U2's "one" plays in the background as someone goes to mcdonald's and buys 30000 burgers. he then loads them into a boat, and drives the boat to 700 metres away from the west coast of africa. then he proceeds to throw the burgers into the sea. cut to black people crying blood, and the apple logo fades in. "DESIGNED IN CALIFORNIA"

Boy, War and Zooropa are great. I never bothered with the other stuff.

Without Eno I think they would of been a bit like SImple Minds.

Simple Minds were fucking amazing up to (and including, imo) Once Upon A Time.

Boy, War and Zooropa are great. I never bothered with the other stuff.

Without Eno I think they would of been a bit like SImple Minds.

Simple Minds were fucking amazing up to (and including, imo) Once Upon A Time.

Simple Minds were a great band (I stand corrected). I think U2 managed to envigorate their sound for the 90's by using brilliant producers, whereas perhaps Simple Minds just kind of hit a brick wall. Anyway always loved the synths on this

I don't like it... not one bit! I don't like the infiltration on my device ruining my sanctity! The music I upload to my device is what keeps me sane in this god forsaken world we live in... its my escape from world events... and not that U2 has infiltrated it... my sanctity is ruined! I was once a fan of U2 back in the Joshua Tree and previous years. but not now!

I don't like it... not one bit! I don't like the infiltration on my device ruining my sanctity! The music I upload to my device is what keeps me sane in this god forsaken world we live in... its my escape from world events... and not that U2 has infiltrated it... my sanctity is ruined! I was once a fan of U2 back in the Joshua Tree and previous years. but not now!

Burn your device!!!

Also I didn't know you were Asymmetrical head

Archived