IGNORED

[ILA003] Luke Vibert - I Love Acid

seed

Despite pre-orders supposedly not happening they are now live:

http://www.japhy.co.uk/luke-vibert-i-love-acid-003-i-love-acid.html

Thanks for that! Pre-ordered. It says it's in stock too though, so what's the deal?

My guts were saying not to buy this because I disagree with the way the label works (no offense), but I just can't resist these long Vibert acid jams...

• 1 month later...

got a tweet from one of the balkan dudes about this. should be ready around 15 December now

who knows maybe even the amen andrews will show up soon too

• 1 month later...
Guest steadyj

This ended up getting release on Monday 5th Jan, primarily on Juno, and sold out on the day. A couple of .de stores appear to be awaiting stock, but japhy is also showing as sold out. Could be that this is going to be a tough one to track down.

This ended up getting release on Monday 5th Jan, primarily on Juno, and sold out on the day. A couple of .de stores appear to be awaiting stock, but japhy is also showing as sold out. Could be that this is going to be a tough one to track down.

Japhy had a few ordered and those were reserved before it was shipped to them. Mine was shipped out yesterday.

If you missed out, there will be a couple of promo copies (because they aren't used for promotion?) for sale here soon:

https://balkanvinyl.bandcamp.com/merch

I got confirmation of this being shipped to me today. Still waiting on Rave Wars, though.

I'd get on to someone about the Rave Wars man, I got mine a few weeks ago.

I heard from them, it's on its way, I guess there was a postal strike or something that borked up the mail.

so like, what action figure did you all get with Rave Wars?

I gave mine to a star wars loving vinyl enthusiast mate for xmas. How's that for Christmas spirit?

Just got the Vibert 12" in the post - it's good stuff, nothing hugely surprising but pretty effective.

I got Rave Wars yesterday - woot- I didn't recognize the Action figure - consult the back he's #66

great tune

Luke's track is 33, and the flip side is 45 right?

Waiting on 303 but I know it's in the mail

Mine is the tatoine version with Boba Fett cut out

my copy (#072) showed up today, and i managed to snatch one of the 20 promo copies that were available for about 5 seconds :catrecline:

Ha, same here! #38 + grabbed the promo because well, I saw your link and just couldn't resist. Really fucking great acid tracks though, so I'm very happy!

Good to see you received Rave Wars Velazquez! Kinda jealous about your version :)

edit: heartwarming to already see three copies on discogs for 35 quid...

Hiya - just re-found this thread (think it was moved from 'upcoming releases'?)

Sorry those who missed out or had trouble with getting hold of ILA003. We had huge delays at the pressing plant, ended up changing from MPO to RI halfway through the press to try and remedy this.

With vinyl releases going up, the plants are struggling to cope, so turnarounds are getting to be like 3-4 months or more.
just a couple years ago you could still turn round a release in 5-6 weeks...and around march everything grinds to a halt for Record Store Day when the big labels jump the queues to print their fucking Katy Perry picture discs.

With ILA003, the distributor (Juno) got their copies too late for Dec release, so they set for Jan 5th, and sold out within a few hours. Annoyingly, our allocation of copies went AWOL (thanks UPS) and only arrived this week after being returned back to Amsterdam. In addition to the postal strike in London over Xmas that waylaid loads of our outgoing stuff. grrrrrr....

any copies that run over the 303 run are marked promo and given to the artist & label mates, and we sell a handful of them if there's enough (usually approx 20 copies) - they are priced less than the retail of the numbered copies obviously. Again, these sold out very quickly too.

Anyways, cheers for the support and hope you're enjoying the releases!

The next one on Balkan is Mutant City Acid - Jan 27th - another ltd. to 303 copies vinyl only release, pre-sales are higher than any of our past releases so its expected this will be another record that goes quickly. After that, we've got ILA004 by Jerome Hill ready for mid-Feb.

:-)

• Rubin Farr changed the title to [ILA003] Luke Vibert - I Love Acid

Archived