IGNORED

Why does EVERYONE talk like a valley girl?!?!?!?

Lane Visitor

is the thread title supposed to have a valley girl inflection?

anyway i find the word "like" to be useful and not entirely garbage as some english teachers would assert. it's indicates an unspecified qualifier, thereby describing while abridging, classic language.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

um like.. well.. you know, you can hate on it, (and truth be told, it can get under my skin!) but as you said ; it's a way of dealing with the insecurity neurosis.

I used to be bugged out when people flapped out their smartphones in a convo to do whatever, but now I realize that most of the time that happens, it's because of insecurity and not knowing what to say (usually when that happens i try to ask a silly question or fall silent.. kinda depends on the situation)

pro-tip on how to deal? dunno. don't be bothered by it so much and be clairvoyant and lead by example

good luck :nyan:

I grew up in LA. It's really all about the use of "like", not as a simile. Don't think about the scenario I've presented too hard. Just an example of how it's used.

- "So I like went to the store and bought these, like, green shoes that looked awesome. It was cool how, like, they were pretty cheap."

- "Omg ya totally, like, that's so cool."

- "I know, right? So anyways, Brad got a new skateboard that's, like, pretty bitchin."

Sounds like Squarepusher talk to me.

1. What's a valley girl?

2. "Why does everyone speak like a valley girl."

1). someone like this

2). see video above

wtf lol I can't believe what I'm seeing

edit: it takes all kinds of people to make the world go round', I suppose.... =/

1. What's a valley girl?

1). someone like this

2). see video above

to make matters worse, she lives on the same street i do.

http://youtu.be/iTu9M-95pDM

1. What's a valley girl?

1). someone like this

2). see video above

to make matters worse, she lives on the same street i do.

:sad::facepalm:

lel

also no offense if it's your friend or something. She's just not my kind of people is all...

lel

also no offense if it's your friend or something. She's just not my kind of people is all...

hater

just kidding. she's cool. loud occasionally but just typical los angeles female suffering from attention whore deficit disorder. my gf gets down with her better than i ever will

http://youtu.be/JuoXkQObzlU

I dunno, all my friends talk like dope dealers on The Wire?

you live in the bronx

lel

hater

just kidding. she's cool. loud occasionally but just typical los angeles female suffering from attention whore deficit disorder. my gf gets down with her better than i ever will

http://youtu.be/JuoXkQObzlU

I dunno, all my friends talk like dope dealers on The Wire?

you live in the bronx

whoa spoiler and nsfw pls

I thought it was really weird that the Wachowski sister felt such lifelong inner turmoil because he envisioned himself as a ridiculous valley girl but that's politically incorrect and makes me a human turd apparently but hey it happens.

Where I'm from most females talks like they are participants in a reality show. That means talking about yourself as much as possible, and not really caring about anything but trivial everyday bullshit and product consumption.

Most males tries to use as many swear words as possible to draw attention to their "maleness". The ironic thing is that it makes them look like insecure little boys. Topics of conversation: alcohol and lifting.

If you use a word longer than 7 letters = nerd/weirdo

Obviously generalizing quite a bit

But all I can say is that intelligence is not a virtue for many people here

Archived