IGNORED

Music to walk about to...

Guest jar

Abacus 2 by Squarepusher. Absolute genius. Every time I play this song it's almost as if real life becomes a music video. This tune was built for walking about a big city with headphones on. I made this small vid from walking about this afternoon:

http://ikimasho.net/2014/09/14/the-do-over-tokyo-2014/

Any of you have a song that evokes similar feelings?

(EDIT: Originally posted in Squarepusher forum. Please delete that post Joyrex, would be cool to hear everyone's thoughts not just Spusher fans.)

I haven't had a mp3 player for more than a year now since my last one's screen broke out of thin air - thank you based planned obsolescence -, and each time I've got enough money to buy another I have something more important in mind :cerious:

Anyway the last things that gave me feels while walking about were these:

(pretty convenient title)

Guest jasondonervan

^^ Some great choices there. And Silver Birch Solstice! Awesome - Barry is my mate from back home in Northern Ireland.

Cheers, sorry I got a little carried away! But I'm all for walkabout tracks, especially when visiting new places.

Oh aye, you know Barry? I met him a few years back at a night round these parts, kept in touch on the email for a while. He's a top fella! :beer:

PS Love your video work.

Great thread. I've been working on a continuous mix of walking/hiking music for the past few weeks and finished it this weekend. I enjoy matching my pace with the bpms of the music and finding that floaty zone where the movement becomes effortless.

Archived