IGNORED

Is anybody doing music similar to RDJ's earlier work?

Alzado

In my crazy little mind, you could sort of compare Biosphere's Microgravity to Selected Ambient Works 85-92 and his Substrata to a lot of other good ambient albums, including Selected Ambient Works Volume II. Bochum Welt's Kissing a Robot Goodbye has a charming, almost ...I Care Because You Do quality to it, minus the orchestral samples. So I'd recommend those as good albums in their own right that happen to be vaguely similar to some of the Twin's work.

As far as blatant homages go, plenty of people here have done those. Here's something I made that's a bit like Analogue Bubblebath 3's .215061, for instance:

https://soundcloud.com/zoeblade/cytgord-hardd

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my crazy little mind, you could sort of compare Biosphere's Microgravity to Selected Ambient Works 85-92 and his Substrata to a lot of other good ambient albums, including Selected Ambient Works Volume II. Bochum Welt's Kissing a Robot Goodbye has a charming, almost ...I Care Because You Do quality to it, minus the orchestral samples. So I'd recommend those as good albums in their own right that happen to be vaguely similar to some of the Twin's work.

As far as blatant homages go, plenty of people here have done those. Here's something I made that's a bit like Analogue Bubblebath 3's .215061, for instance:

https://soundcloud.com/zoeblade/cytgord-hardd

Love this! Very Analord-ish, pretty emotional.

I made this a while ago, trying to make something similar to classics and saw 1

https://soundcloud.com/troglobyne/tardigrade

pretty horrible production but I like the song itself

Yeah agree with the Weme advice, they have plenty of drexciyan vibes, deep hardware techno. Also Opal are worth digging in, they have plenty of great experiemental albums. would check out 1991, huerco s, cloudface, austen ceasar, patricia and cop the VA eps for $1 each or sometihng http://opaltapes.bandcamp.com/

well worth a dig. glad to see they are going vinyl though.. some of its not entirely like of afx but its a similar evolution of the sound in my opinion.

would also check out the canadian labels Mood Hut and Forbidden Planet. great ambient techno/house. Mono Junk on FP is great, oldschool Finnish producer i believe, seems to use a pretty standard 90's studio setup which gets similar sounds to the saw 1 lp.

the lndcroy tape on 1080p is great.

This for me could be off saw I. classic l.i.e.s. Well worth digging through their back catalogue for some amazing techno and noise, plenty of great music to dig through from hard house to ambient techno to straight up noise.

Where the best music is happening right now:

Moodhut

Lies

Opal

1080p (check out Riohv's Moondance, especially the track "Jordan")

Proibito

Cloudface has been on two of them, Huerco S. on at least two. Didn't realize Austin Cesar was on opal, so two for him as well.

Yeah agree with the Weme advice, they have plenty of drexciyan vibes, deep hardware techno. Also Opal are worth digging in, they have plenty of great experiemental albums. would check out 1991, huerco s, cloudface, austen ceasar, patricia and cop the VA eps for $1 each or sometihng http://opaltapes.bandcamp.com/

well worth a dig. glad to see they are going vinyl though.. some of its not entirely like of afx but its a similar evolution of the sound in my opinion.

would also check out the canadian labels Mood Hut and Forbidden Planet. great ambient techno/house. Mono Junk on FP is great, oldschool Finnish producer i believe, seems to use a pretty standard 90's studio setup which gets similar sounds to the saw 1 lp.

the lndcroy tape on 1080p is great.

This for me could be off saw I. classic l.i.e.s. Well worth digging through their back catalogue for some amazing techno and noise, plenty of great music to dig through from hard house to ambient techno to straight up noise.

Where the best music is happening right now:

Moodhut

Lies

Opal

1080p (check out Riohv's Moondance, especially the track "Jordan")

Proibito

Cloudface has been on two of them, Huerco S. on at least two. Didn't realize Austin Cesar was on opal, so two for him as well.

Yeah worth checking his tape, its a split with stefan jos, mainly ambient stuff but a great tape. Also worth checking his Public Information record(s)

agree with you, some great music coming from this lot. You will dig the xosar coming on opal in december if you like the riohv too. rawww.

I guess legowelt is also another artist who has a large body of work but lots of it reminds me of early afx

I take it, Alzado, that you're in favour of Aphex releasing a boxset full of unreleased old tracks hehe.

Yeah, I guess so. I was never really that big into his early stuff before. But I'm listening to as much of his back catalog as I can and I love this stuff.

Started off as a syro fake in the fakes thread

Has a caustic feel about it

This is incredible

Yeah worth checking his tape, its a split with stefan jos, mainly ambient stuff but a great tape. Also worth checking his Public Information record(s)

agree with you, some great music coming from this lot. You will dig the xosar coming on opal in december if you like the riohv too. rawww.

I guess legowelt is also another artist who has a large body of work but lots of it reminds me of early afx

Which tape?

Xosar has been on lies as well. Still waiting on that Naka Naka.

He's got another track up

Fuck this one is great...sounds like its been recorded to cassette, would be nice to hear it in a fuller quality, but then maybe that might take something away from the grimey recording. hope theres more

Archived