IGNORED

Falling in love with Analord

Guest LoveRhino

Guest LoveRhino

Never having been a huge fan of acid techno, though always a fan of AFX, I have been unnecessarily dismissive of the Analord series. I listened to volumes 1 through 5 with all the extra tracks in one sitting while cooking on Sunday and I have to say that it is amazing! Any other latecomers to the Analord party out there?

Never having been a huge fan of acid techno, though always a fan of AFX, I have been unnecessarily dismissive of the Analord series. I listened to volumes 1 through 5 with all the extra tracks in one sitting while cooking on Sunday and I have to say that it is amazing! Any other latecomers to the Analord party out there?

I have never listened to all of the Analord stuff, but what I've heard is really good. Seems like all the best stuff is on Chosen Lords. Reunion 2, Crying in Your Face, Boxing Day. I love those tracks.

Guest Roksen Creek

Analord 07 is where it's at. I'm just really annoyed I didn't download them all from Rephlex's site before they went down.

I would say that many of the best are on Chosen Lords, though certainly not all, and Where's Your Girlfriend is a strange omission.

Analords have grown on me enough to become my third favourite Richard release after SAW 2 and Drukqs.

I really loved hearing the leftovers when they came out. It got me to revisit the whole series again. I could have sworn there was an interview with Luke Vibert where he mentioned rdj sending him a load of the Analord tracks to pick the ones he liked best - and that there were a shit load. I was always curious to hear the ones that didnt make the cut. The leftovers sort of satisfied that curiosity and I was very happy.

phy^ how can you be so mean to this face :photo-17924.jpg?_r=1399015857

looool am i being mean? I'm sorry

It's funny, i find that avatar extremely irritating. Which is nothing to say about the man using it, just the avatar reminds me of the 'so bad it's cool because false irony and we're dumb arseholes plastering crap pictures all over ourselves' hipster fad of the mid 00's to early teens. gah, sorry. Oh course it could just be a naive art level drawing that you did that you are very proud of which has nothing to do with the aforementioned. But level up your avatar already !! Even removing the clashing green would help.

"what has gotten into you lately"

lolol come on man...

dude, this avatar is CA$h and you know it delet...

don't worry ill find a sick anime episode that i can snag a new avatar from in a fortnight

Guest LoveRhino

@phylum, yep. Seems about right. I presume the "read the rules" initial response doesn't stop until you're into the triple digits thread wise. Also, I would highly doubt I have much new to say about anything that has not been already said on this site and elsewhere already. Should that stop me saying it?

@delet, it never even occurred to me that anyone would give a second glance to my avatar. I love it but it was designed for me as an initial album cover for me by a friend. It is very silly but it is supposed to be. Glad it provoked an (un intended) reaction either way.

Thanks for the Analord playlist by the way look forward to giving it a whirl later. I had only listened to Chosen Lords prior to a few months back and I also reckon, while good, it skips much of the best tracks. Halibut Acid pumps my nads.

I also agree that the composition is second to none over production. It's surprisingly deep and often gorgeous. I look forward to allowing it to seep in over the coming months.

Analord has a number of really stellar tracks. People the releases in general a little less exciting because the medium is constrained, kindof like melodies from mars (though of course not to that same extreme).

But I do think those "stellar" tracks are amongst his best: pitcard, bwoon dub, vbs.redlof, etc.

Also, the use of out-of-tune synths is _AMAZING_ and not something I have heard extensively _anywhere_ else. That alone makes it a very important release for me.

I got Chosen Lords way back. I dug it. My non-piracy policy, and the vinyl only release, made me pass on listening to the rest for ages.

I finally pirated it like a dink not too long ago. I haven't given it enough attention. Makes me sad for the Aphex-obsessed youth I was in the past. The new album hype is bringing me back.

I'm going to give the shit I've neglected some good listening in the following weeks. Still need to give The Tuss more attention.

"what has gotten into you lately"

lolol come on man...

dude, this avatar is CA$h and you know it delet...

don't worry ill find a sick anime episode that i can snag a new avatar from in a fortnight

wasn't walking about your avatar broski. ;-p I hardly notice that it's there.

all RDJ tracks took me few listens to get in, like a ritual of immersion,

but Analord blew my mind away at first listens, starting with the 01, then i bought and listened to them one by one in order, since i spend days to my friend vinyl's shop, i took my time to listen everything carefully

it got me emotional,

and then came out the 10 and i was like "FUCKING WOW" and then the 11, i almost died first time i've heard this splendid picture disk !

to me the most underrated Analord track ever is this one, still big and genius to listen nowadays

been listening to the bodmin 1-3 tracks of late, melodic.
It's really really silly that everyone has been talking about Syro like it's RDJ has been living under a rock and like it's his first release in 13 years. Releases like the Analords are the bizz.

Chosen Lords is a great comp! It captures quite well the whole Analord feeling in general. Yes, it lacks a few great tracks like VBS.Redlof.B, Lisbon acid, Homemade Polysynth or I’m Self Employed but IMO the key tracks can be found from the said release. I usually tend to pass digital releases but purchased the Analord series from Rephlex.com. I also own the Russian pirate 3CD version which I traded for some old Coil discs which were just laying around without much play. On a side note I can’t understand why Where’s Your Girlfriend gets so much praise. I find it somewhat mediocre track. :unsure:

Anyway volumes 4 and 7 are my favorites.