IGNORED

Panda Bear vs. Grim Reaper

jules

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldenjon

I couldn't really care less about the album artwork looks like. it's true that the new artwork may look like it belongs on urban outfitters shopping bag, but imo tomboy was a total eyesore and these are, at least, an improvement from that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loving some bits but really disliking others. Not gonna comment on or judge the production yet as the quality of the leak is indeed pretty meh, but I'm worried some points get way too muddy and messy ala Centipede Hz style. Overall just feels like some really great tracks and some really bland/weak tracks all stitched together into a pretty decent album. It's enjoyable but not amazing for me.

Crosswords, Boys Latin, Come to Your Senses, and Lonely Wanderer are all fucking incredible tho imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I downloaded this yesterday (thanks slsk), the quality is really good and this album is pretty killer. Seems poppier than Tomboy but I'm not complaining. Definitely gonna be spinning this a lot

Guest bitroast

so facking good. i can't really find a weak point. perfect flow. perfect sequence.

i guess the weak part is the album art.

hows it compare to tomboy ? the samples sounded tomboy-y?

I like tomboy and can't really pinpoint anything I dislike about it but at same time I never really listen to it ..

i think it is much more varied and mature than tomboy. i loved tomboy but it was essentially the same idea in every song, although it worked wonderfully. This one has a much better flow and is more dynamic. funkier, darker but still bright and full of sunshine at the same time. I'm not sure his voice has ever sounded better. sonic boom killed it on this one imo, the production is killer. there are tons of little flourishes and details all over the place.

Guest bitroast

nice, i'll take your word for it.

gonna pick up that 3xLP at some point but was wanting a little push (already a big fan of panda bear/ac so not a very big push is necessary).

I've never been a big fan of Animal Collective or Panda Bear's solo stuff, but I can't stop listening to this new record. Mr Noah and Crosswords are such good tracks. I've always liked his voice, and the fact that it's front and center on this record is a big plus.

this album is killin the commute game for me lately.

in particular i think the back half of the album has pretty fantastic pacing, which is something his albums typically lack for me. on other albums i would always key in on a track or two, but here, once im at tropic of cancer I have to listen through to the end.

Archived