IGNORED

Run The Jewels (El-P & Killer Mike) - RTJ 2

Perezvon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This album goes so hard. I love these two together, both talented rappers on their own for sure, but when together they play off each other so well ... It's a tossup between RTJ2 and Hail Mary Mallon's bestiary for my hip-hop album of 2014.

• 4 weeks later...

I was gonna say that's an unlikely collab, but then again they featured the former Rage Against the Machine front man on RtJ2.

It's almost like they're spearheading an artistic rebellion against today's talent-starved mainstream by recruiting other veteran artists from the '90s. That or I'm being whimsical.

"you probably should learn how to fight: how to box, karate or something because times are getting tough and i'm thinking mugging is going to make real big comeback in the next few years"

:cisfor:

[youtubehd]NDQoMv4WBlc[/youtubehd]

Haha Mike and El did a whole series of these before the first album came out...

Oh man that was a great read... flol:

I don’t think you’re getting the way I’m looking at this, Mike. I don’t think you understand my love of Seagal. It’s not in an admiration way.

And fflol @ elp's Sticks fan fiction

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed 'tis a great album, and I went right off hip-hop in about 1989, just when the Golden Age was fading. I suppose there were a few years left but Run The Jewels just has a perfect vibe for me.

Looking forward to the new one.

Archived