IGNORED

Has Anyone Gotten a SYRO Limited Edition Preorder "Ticket" Yet?

Joyrex

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they are. Bleep would have been sure to mention that as a selling point.

I've been watching Twitter for over a week now - not many people talking about copies or tickets.

One sold on eBay says it is 17/200

Really? That's cool. I never saw it mentioned anywhere by Warp/Bleep.

No ticket for me. Maybe my thoughts on it didn't go down too well.

the first box is on ebay...about 14 hours remaining currently at a price of 510 pounds

yeah, I saw that. It's just my opinion but this is where the whole thing is just plain wrong. Warp decided to have a lottery to 'win' the chance to buy it.

This means that people with absolutely no interest in the artist can now make masses of money out of fans who want to keep a copy and have no intention of selling it.

It should have been given to the first 200 people as soon as it was announced. Period. and only to those who had purchased a copy from Bleep by pre-order.

As it stood, anybody in the world could just enter an email address.

Yes, it sounds harsh because then others will complain they weren't given a chance but I think Warp really did Aphex fans an injustice by doing it like this.

Completed listings show

£500 ( buy it now?)

£707 ( number 17/200 - in US)

£770

£800

3 more on sale worldwide on eBay.

I've been watching ebay and have already seen 4 go, lowest price GBP 707 and highest price GBP 800...Still 7 up on ebay

I haven't even opened mine, I think I'll wait a while until ebay isn't flooded with these

Guest the anonymous forumite

would be funny if all 200 of them just continually sold on eBay for more and more money and no one actually ever opened them

The package is actually opened, it does not come shrink wrapped. It could be that some ppl are buying at 800 hoping to sell for even more.

would be funny if all 200 of them just continually sold on eBay for more and more money and no one actually ever opened them

The package is actually opened, it does not come shrink wrapped. It could be that some ppl are buying at 800 hoping to sell for even more.

Really? Jesus. I wouldn't want to part with £800 for something that wasn't sealed. Absolutely no way.

Second ballot was today. I got nothin'.

Same here.

That's what I'm saying. Someone who runs a forum promoting RDJ qualifies absolutely as an Aphex fan and yet you're competing for a place with scalpers who have no interest in the artist whatsoever.

It's just plain wrong.

Still convinced someone at Bleep Towers saw my review/opinion piece and said, "If you spot this guy's name - delete his entry." Lol.

Guest rd1994

exactly that was my main complaint about this whole thing. I was bascially blasted when someone said was wasn't being fun. I am generally that type of guy, but I mean..you can't avoid someone buying it to sell it again, but with no ballot the chances are higher that more "real" fans get it. Bascially what in this case will happen is: "Phew I could need some bucks. Better scrape together 400 quid to buy this. True fans will shell out much more than that. And if you remember that the package is huge, you can actaully add a huge amount of shipping. Woo. No no more money problems." or something along those lines. Truly pisses me off, I mean I truly eny those who are/were able to get it and I can't get it myself unfortunately, but at least the people could cherish it."

I'm happy to see Aphex Twin getting paid his dues.

Maybe the flippers are after a Cher exclusive and just need the cash

Maybe the flippers are after a Cher exclusive and just need the cash

Maybe I've had a few too many friday night sherberts, but I have no idea what you are talking about lol....that makes fuck all sense to me mate.

If I replaced the word Cher with Rolling Stones maybe makes more sense

Some folks flip stuff to pay for other stuff they really want

Archived