IGNORED

Amen Andrews - TBA EP - Blueberry Records 10/11/14

SQUIDLID

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I'm familiar with this particular site, but I just Googled "blueberry records amen andrews" to see if I could find more info, and this page came up that has samples, lists the title of the EP as Automatic Truth EP, and has a release date of Nov. 10th.

I'm really digging the sample for "Amotherfucker." Well, I'm really digging them all. I love all the Amen Andrews shit he's done.

Can't say I'm familiar with this particular site, but I just Googled "blueberry records amen andrews" to see if I could find more info, and this page came up that has samples, lists the title of the EP as Automatic Truth EP, and has a release date of Nov. 10th.

I'm really digging the sample for "Amotherfucker." Well, I'm really digging them all. I love all the Amen Andrews shit he's done.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! That site was the first that had info about that Luke Warm EP too.

Samples sound really fresh. Already loving the second track :music:

Cool, when I lived in Oregon, I got to see Vibert play live in Seattle. This was in first half of 2000's and most of his set was Amen Andrews. I feel this moniker was just a natural progression from the early Plug stuff. Can't wait to hear more AA.

Wahey, I heard him play that first track at the bangface weekender, maybe 2009? In the pub at camber sands anyway :) I've been looking for it on and off ever since (basically remembering how good it was, googling the vocal sample and giving up when I found nothing). Didn't realise it was one of his own, thought it was a secret mid 90s gem :D

That's really awesome to hear about the first track; the sample hadn't caught my ear is as much as the others (not that it didn't catch my ear at all, though), so now you've got me more intrigued to hear it in full.

Seems like the title of the release has changed according to the Kudos site. Can a moderator please change the thread date in the title to November 10th and the name to News Of The World EP. I can understand the point of the graphics but I'm not mad on the design. For those that don't know 'News Of The World is the name of a now defunct tabloid paper from the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_of_the_World

It was a corrupt paper known for hacking scandals which were eventually the paper's undoing.

I don't think I ever hate on anything on WATMM but I probably listened to more drum and bass and jungle in my youth than any of these bods - Vibert / AFX barely even Squarepusher know how to make anything vaguely decent jungle / drum n bass wise and that's from a big fan.

Yes, Vibert, even I can make considerably better jungle that you.

I don't think I ever hate on anything on WATMM but I probably listened to more drum and bass and jungle in my youth than any of these bods - Vibert / AFX barely even Squarepusher know how to make anything vaguely decent jungle / drum n bass wise and that's from a big fan.

That's a bold quote, let's hear some supporting evidence!

I've witnessed Luke and Richard drop some pretty rare Jungle tracks on quite a few occasions, I'm fairly certain they have a thorough knowledge of the genre, the tracks we hear during sets are merely the tunes they've plucked to play out live. In my opinion Luke is the only one out of Tom, Richard and Luke that has deliberately made straight up Jungle. Sure Tom has done a load of Drum & Bass / Jungle referencing tunes but he's never really attacked the genre head on.

I've got over 700 Jungle records and about 3000 Jungle tracks in total and I still can't make better Jungle than those guys.

Although I wish the artwork was more aesthetically pleasing it is a tongue in cheek poke at tabloids and the ludicrous nature of modern news. Potentially also a sly nod to the crap graphics in Chris Morris' news satires "The Day Today" and "Brasseye" which is a welcome reference.

lol @ "better" - tastes and stuff, they different. And yeah, let's hear your stuff!

What was the point of this post?!

What was the point of this post?!

nothing, it's fucking stupid.

I agree, they can't do proper jungle, AFX admitted it himself in one of Syro interview (pitchfork i guess). You need to be somewhat unconscious and unreflective to hit the right spot. There's nothing to be ashamed of skill-wise or otherwise. It's pretty trivial thing to do these days anyway. Not everybody can do a nice basic house song too.

I'm confused as to why I can't preorder it.

Is the "available date" here (http://www.kudosrecords.co.uk/release/BBR006/Amen_Andrews_Automatic_Truth_EP.html#) the preorder available date? I thought that was the release date. If so, why wouldn't I be able to order it now.

sad panda =(

Is the "available date" here (http://www.kudosrecords.co.uk/release/BBR006/Amen_Andrews_Automatic_Truth_EP.html#) the preorder available date? I thought that was the release date. If so, why wouldn't I be able to order it now.

sad panda =(

It's pre-orderable from Bleep in any case! I'm getting it there I guess.

sad panda =(

It's pre-orderable from Bleep in any case! I'm getting it there I guess.

Oh! Thanks pal, I'll preorder now.

Archived