IGNORED

XMAS_EVET10 (Thanaton3 Mix)

jhonny

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something weird happens to me with this song, it's as though my mind consciously and continuously recognizes and appreciates that it hasn't heard anything like it, in real time, each time I listen to it. Regardless of whether or not that's really true. It's not as though I'm hearing it for the first time, just that its uniqueness somehow sticks to it across every play. Windowlicker has always had the same effect on me, but very few other pieces of music trigger that feeling. I think the slow tempo might be a prerequisite, but I'm really at a loss to explain it.

How old are you Brisbot?

43 is not young either, and your perspective on many things change as time goes by, that's not necessarily complaining.

The reason I say that is because it's not really conducive to a good mood. Whenever I'm thinking about the 'GAH TIME IS GOING BY' thing I'm always in a bad mood when thinking about it. So I try to look at it as a glass half full thing. I don't plan on being a 43 year old who feels old or whatever. 43 really isn't old. People run marathons well into old age. For most people the 'i'm old' thing can be put aside for a more positive attitude toward life. Hopefully I'll have the attitude of George Carlin when I'm in my 70s/80s where he felt like life had the 'right' length.

Of course there are others who get into an accident or have some kind of illness who might think of themselves that way. Richard doesn't (presumably) Thom Yorke doesn't (presumably)

I don't want to be Johnny Cash singing about the mistakes in his life was in his golden years.

OK, I see what you're saying.

Yeah if we truly live in the present, we're neither young or old in a way (attempt at faux-western buddhism here).

But I think aging gracefully requires some active consciousness and healthy choices, it doesn't come about by just turning a blind eye to the passage of time. That becomes clearer and clearer with time for me. When I was younger, I'd be on auto-pilot, eating and sleeping like shit and recovering quickly anyways, wasting time, feeling immortal. Not true anymore after a certain point, that's when the reality check is helpful.

Good for those who have the right attitude from the start.

Something weird happens to me with this song, it's as though my mind consciously and continuously recognizes and appreciates that it hasn't heard anything like it, in real time, each time I listen to it. Regardless of whether or not that's really true. It's not as though I'm hearing it for the first time, just that its uniqueness somehow sticks to it across every play. Windowlicker has always had the same effect on me, but very few other pieces of music trigger that feeling. I think the slow tempo might be a prerequisite, but I'm really at a loss to explain it.

im pretty sure at this point Xmas evet10 is already in 'one of the best songs of all time' territory for me.

im pretty sure at this point Xmas evet10 is already in 'one of the best songs of all time' territory for me.

+1

It's incredibly unique (I've never heard anything else like it really). Is "genre defying" cliche to say?

So many weird emotions throughout the song.. ranges from happy to melancholy and sad for me.

Even from a purely technical standpoint I think it's some pretty impressive production, would you agree?

I can't stop gushing over this track honestly. It got so many listens from me just as "the metz track" from that live recording on youtube over the years. When I finally heard it on Syro I almost blew my load right then and there lol.

+1

It's incredibly unique (I've never heard anything else like it really). Is "genre defying" cliche to say?

So many weird emotions throughout the song.. ranges from happy to melancholy and sad for me.

Even from a purely technical standpoint I think it's some pretty impressive production, would you agree?

I can't stop gushing over this track honestly. It got so many listens from me just as "the metz track" from that live recording on youtube over the years. When I finally heard it on Syro I almost blew my load right then and there lol.

same, everything about it is just marvellous and the alternate edit on that ep was also superb

Archived