IGNORED

XMAS_EVET10 (Thanaton3 Mix)

jhonny

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Time is going to get me, it makes me feel ok... were sleeping in music, melting eye to end the day" or something

and looped sample of clock/winding the watches or how you Englishman say it, at end of 6th minute, like he's buying some extra time for himself

there's plenty of stuff about time, on this album

very sad song

hes old

Can you guys really not understand the vocals at the beginning or are all of these posts jokes?

=/

please, enlighten us

"Time is going to get me, it makes me feel ok... were sleeping in music, melting eye to end the day" or something

and looped sample of clock/winding the watches or how you Englishman say it, at end of 6th minute, like he's buying some extra time for himself

very sad song

hes old

I agree with the above, slightly...

"Time is going to get me, it makes me feel OK / we're sleeping in music, melting eye to bring you down."

melting eye with reference to the thanaton III print. to bring you down to a relaxed state (general aura of the track (i.e. 1:22))

Has anyone isolated these vocals?

very sad song

doing the stereo difference thing makes the vocals go even further. link is above though.

very sad song

doing the stereo difference thing makes the vocals go even further. link is above though.

I think it makes it harder to discern, in this case. It did however make me consider the final word as "out" instead of "down"

Guest rd1994

I have no idea how stupid this sounds, but what IF depending on what channel to use for the stereo difference, you can isolate the vocals.

I have no idea how stupid this sounds, but what IF depending on what channel to use for the stereo difference, you can isolate the vocals.

really stupid imho

joking :p

been putting this track on repeat regularly for the last two weeks. i never usually put single tracks on repeat, like literally, Stone In Focus is probably the only track i tend to use... but i really could listen to XMAS_EVET10 forever.

this is a stupid question, someone posted a picture in one of the syro threads of an anime girl with headphones with 'METZ TRACK :3' as the caption, does anyone have it? tx

been putting this track on repeat regularly for the last two weeks. i never usually put single tracks on repeat, like literally, Stone In Focus is probably the only track i tend to use... but i really could listen to XMAS_EVET10 forever.

this is a stupid question, someone posted a picture in one of the syro threads of an anime girl with headphones with 'METZ TRACK :3' as the caption, does anyone have it? tx

I think that's jasondonervan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Drahken

I don't think that's a clock ticking, I think the mechanical sounds at the 7 minute mark are him mic'ing HAT (his hit anything robot) while it plays the same rhythmic beat heard elsewhere in the track, but absent the drums. Wicked idea really, it sounds so mechanical but still fits perfectly. The subtle details on this album are just something else.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest progben

Anyone got any more ideas about the lyrics at the start?

'time has come to guide me, and make sure you're okay/

we're singing the music, using art to bring you up'

is my interpretation.

• 9 months later...

Yeah I thought the vocoder voice was complaining about time x)

It must be something about being in your 40s. Thom Yorke (45 i think) recently had a track about getting older on his solo album too. I can't remember which one it is. I think 'Ingenue'. It's pretty good if you haven't heard it yet.

Thing is man, you're 43, you're not old yet! I think you're allowed to start complaining in your early 60s. Even then, early 70s is where you are really getting older, tho I've seen energetic 70 year olds before so.. it's at least partially your fault then ;)

I do however dislike how quickly time is starting to go by, it feels like I was 18 just recently. But the past few years have gone by very quickly. That said, I have some memories only about a year old that feel like they happened years ago. Memory is a weird and wonky thing.

I remember reading a Drukqs-era interview he did with NME Magazine, where he stated how time doesn't interest him, and he chooses not to clock-check or keep track of days. Of course, this could be classic RDJ trollery, but I thought it could be of relevance with these 'lyrics'.

Archived