IGNORED

s950tx16wasr10 [163.97][earth portal mix]

Guest jasondonervan

Most people probably know the sample from Terrorist but in case you didn't know and wanted to play about with the sample..

[youtubehd]tw3GcBHTTv8[/youtubehd]

Ah, that's the one I was looking for! I actually knew it from an Ultrademon track. Thanks!

The other track you mean just for posterity:

Great track but going by this is it a Vibert track Richard Remixed or the other way around?

“s950tx16was10 [163.97][earth portal mix]” is perhaps the most technically precise and spastic track here [confirmed to be a remix by Luke Vibert], a nice final showing before the denouement of “aisantsana [102],”
http://reviews.headphonecommute.com/2014/09/25/aphex-twin-syro-warp/

Great track but going by this is it a Vibert track Richard Remixed or the other way around?

“s950tx16was10 [163.97][earth portal mix]” is perhaps the most technically precise and spastic track here [confirmed to be a remix by Luke Vibert], a nice final showing before the denouement of “aisantsana [102],”

Wait, what? I'd say this guy is either really informed, or really confused. I'd go with the latter.

Richard said about this that he was just trying to make a Drum 'n' Bass track. He didn't mention anything about Luke.

Wait, what? I'd say this guy is either really informed, or really confused. I'd go with the latter.

Richard said about this that he was just trying to make a Drum 'n' Bass track. He didn't mention anything about Luke.

Yeah i don't recall it being mentioned anywhere else. Thought it was strange myself

Another track that requires 4 ears instead of two. One thought that I am having is that this album is actually really difficult. There is a wonderful balance with "easier" parts, where you can slow down your mind and feet for a bit, bathe in the synth glow and things go crazy again! Definitely a journey, like a great dj set. Or rdj set. And this one is the dawn.

Guest murphythecat8

earth portal mix is a beauty. The ending is great and the jungle parts are unique and so detailed and dynamic.

for me at least, definitely a highlight!!

Guest cult fiction

Yeah i don't recall it being mentioned anywhere else. Thought it was strange myself

I suspect he has confused it with the scirem track, which itself was also not a Vibert remix.

• 2 months later...

Found an old catalogue from Norsk Musikk, with some now vintage gear at the time it was new. Some observations on the AKAI line of samplers in 1991:

- The S950 was the cheapest at slightly above 1000 GBP at the time. More like 1300 GBP in today's currency (inflation not accounted for).

- New features on the S950 were "cross fade looping" and "time stretch".

- The S1000 is more than twice the price of the 950.

- The 40MB hard disk verision of the S1000 costs another 900 GBP or so.

- The S1000 has a playback version that only plays samples. Still costs a fortune.

- The S1100 can be expanded to 16 voice polyphony with the S-1100 EX module, costing around 2500 GBP at the time.

- The 8MB expansion for S1000/S1000 costs 1500GBP.

- In fat letters: "Since the S-900 AKAI has become the standard within studio/sampling. This means that AKAI has the greatest sound library available on the market".

- A quick check of the value of the NOK in 1991 vs 2013 shows that all prices can be pretty much doubled to convert to today's value.

Akai_1991.jpg

I suspect he has confused it with the scirem track, which itself was also not a Vibert remix.

yeah, it's wrong, i think it's an error... Matthew Mercer ate mushrooms so he dissected Information...

• 1 year later...
Guest bitroast

the vinyl version of this song sounds much nicer imo. I don't know if im imagining it but it feel like it has more dynamic range than the CD version, but somehow also sounds more bombastic.

def not imagining anything here. the vinyl blows the cd out of the water, especially from the middle of the album onwards when the circlon tracks get into the mix and really neeed that cleaner dynamic mix.

Archived