IGNORED

best µ-Ziq release(es)

Guest mrgerbik

• 1 month later...

i celebrate the entire catalouge with fucking glee

but lunatic harness and the jason ep remain close to my heart for nostalgic "sentimental life at that time when it came out "related reasons

people posted jackal in the thread but you'd be doing a disservice to yourself not to check out http://the-raft/(yea apparently that's the full name of the ep)

Royal Astronomy (Goodbye, Goodbye is my favorite paradinas tune of all time. hauntingly beautiful.)

Bluff Limbo (Gob Bots turned me into the IDM loving fool that I am today)

In Pine Effect (Pheisope is incredible)

• Like 1

people posted jackal in the thread but you'd be doing a disservice to yourself not to check out http://the-raft/(yea apparently that's the full name of the ep)

Royal Astronomy (Goodbye, Goodbye is my favorite paradinas tune of all time. hauntingly beautiful.)

Bluff Limbo (Gob Bots turned me into the IDM loving fool that I am today)

In Pine Effect (Pheisope is incredible)

huh? what is the-raft

• 1 month later...

huh? what is the-raft

see here, five-track EP, formerly an exclusive download on some crappy ezine site or something. They're actually some of his best tracks IMO, well worth tracking down

huh... and I thought I owned all of his releases.

The Raft completely slipped past me. Anyone know where to get it?

• 2 weeks later...

without any doubt this !

fucking masterpiece ! i remember buying a triple copy of this back in time, one is definitely used already

i admit i haven't heard all his catalog, one day i might do it and be blown away

Seconded. Dude has some unreal jungle and DnB tunes. I hope he returns to that someday.

• 2 months later...

Lunatic Harness is definitely his best, no doubt about it. It's always amazed my how much more recognition Tango n Vectiff and In Pine Effect get in comparison, because they just don't have the level of flawles production on Lunatic Harness. Every instrument on that album sounds so warm and lush, it gets to me every time. The drums were largely sampled from acoustic drums, which makes it a very unique album in IDM, and a criminally underrated one. The Brace Yourself EP is also essential.

Slag Boom van Loon / Mike & Rich

Bilious Paths

Royal Astronomy

Tango N' Vectif

Lunatic Harness

Those are the albums I always return to, no order. I'd like to emphasize the Slag Boom van Loon project though. I remember discovering µ-Ziq through Autumn Acid on Kazaa (presented as an Aphex track...) around 2001/2 while at the same time hearing Slag Boom van Loon because my brother was / is really into Speedy J's music. Shortly after that I got Mike & Rich as well. I was young and naive so I loved that track + those albums but had no idea Mike was behind them all :) so yeah, Royal Astronomy and the collab albums have become incredibly nostalgic for me.

I still have lots of stuff to discover though, especially the sideprojects, some recent releases and some soundcloud tracks. I also just have to mention Duntisbourne... too, that would be the next one on the list.

My fave track atm though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vuj7Ju59C0

• 4 years later...