IGNORED

180db

kaini

Let's talk about 180db!

It's a total anomaly on the album, imo. Doesn't mean I don't like it though. It actually reminds me a lot of stuff I used hear at free tekno parties in the late nineties, in squats in the Netherlands - sound systems like Mononom or stuff you'd hear at De Blauwe Aanslag. Crusty, dog-on-string-style rave, in other words.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like you're probably listening distractedly, or too quietly (note the title) if this track doesn't catch you. It's deceptively simple.

Remember, this is Aphex, the trickster. Some of the most important things in Syro are hidden in the background of the tracks.

The way repetition is used on this song weirds me out, like towards the end the spots each element comes in or goes out on always feels weirdly off on an individual level but when taken in the whole ends up making its own kind of sense, I enjoy it but I'm still too confused by it to have any real concrete thoughts on it.

This song doesn't exist unless perceived on a huge club soundsystem.. its a totally different beast, all the wonky frequencies bleed together. Its an absolute banger and I hope it gets round the DJ circuits this autumn!

This is track what aphex and vibert played alot when they made a sets together. Actually, I heard they played it every freaking time on a stage. I guess it's some kind of track that they both love, despite being simple and different than rest of Syro. Like "anthem" of them together. So i guess it's more personal and idealistic. Maybe he released it just for Luke, like he did with piano track for his wife.

Also It was on a "fake" tuss myspaces many years ago, and probably this track is the oldest on all Syro.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

photo-13075.jpg?_r=1411163453

'Lovely socks' :)

This is track what aphex and vibert played alot when they made a sets together. Actually, I heard they played it every freaking time on a stage. I guess it's some kind of track that they both love, despite being simple and different than rest of Syro. Like "anthem" of them together. So i guess it's more personal and idealistic. Maybe he released it just for Luke, like he did with piano track for his wife.

Also It was on a "fake" tuss myspaces many years ago, and probably this track is the oldest on all Syro.

It struck me on first listen that a few of these tracks could actually be considerably older than Minipops, possibly dating at least in part back to the nineties even. I don't think this album is 'new' material at all - not in the sense that all of it has been made as a logical progression from Drukqs or Tuss or whatever. ^nice little bit of info there. Did he say this is his most personal album somewhere? I like the idea that he's collected tracks that mean different things to him personally and for his friends and family etc. He said something like 'this is a collection of tracks, one out of many possible albums' - I think he's judged the tone just right with this. They all work together very well indeed

i've heard that track a few weeks ago on a tuss-youtube-playlist while i was homecleaning.

then came the previews from bleep and i recognized the track and i was looking through my listening history on youtube, but the track was deleted since then.

i hope he releases an album full of bangers like this.

Archived