IGNORED

180db

kaini

It would have been nice if the track had a bit more to it, but I really like it as it is. I've always had a soft spot for 180dB, even back when it was the Vibervibed Synth Test.

Of course, I think Richard definitely pushed the duration to it's limit. Any longer and it probably would have got a bit monotonous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did vibert co-write this? i don't know if i made that up in my mind or not.

i was thinking about this when i read in that recent interview he said "Aphex offered me record an album together, but I now refuse to because I'm afraid that he'll steal from me my ideas. Once we've worked together - for a track, and six months later, I heard this track, that i heard would go into the new Aphex twin album and authorship there stood only for Aphex; there was not a word about me and that's what I, in fact, wrote all the bass line and the drums."

the way he frames it as theft i interpreted as a joke.

it would be interesting though, if there are uncited collaborators on syro

Aphex Twin – ‘Vibervibed Synth Test’

(►) (►2)

Heard within a Luke Vibert DJ set, confirmed by close friends to be Aphex. (►2) maybe a newer version. On 2014 SYRO album entitled ‘180db’.

from http://rareafx.wordpress.com/unreleased-tracksremixes/, that's confirmed this track is not a collaboration... "confirmed by close friends"... maybe speculation...

194 db is the limit for sound in earth's atmosphere, i guess at that point the pressure variations create vacuums in between waves of air particles squished together, and they start to call it pressure waves.

any more info on that? how would that sound from a distance safe enough?

Loudest sound possible 194dB

Death of hearing tissue 180dB

12 Gauge Shotgun Blast 165dB

Jet engine at 100' 140dB

Even short term exposure can cause permanent damage - Loudest recommended exposure WITH hearing protection 140dB

Pneumatic riveter at 4' 125dB

Pain begins 125dB

Sandblasting, Loud Rock Concert 115dB

Power saw at 3' 110dB

Power mower at 3' 107dB Snowmobile, Motorcycle 100dB

Hand Drill 98dB

Level at which sustained exposure may result in hearing loss 90 - 95dB

Subway train at 200' 95dB

Jackhammer at 50' 95dB

Train whistle at 500', Truck Traffic 90dB

City Traffic (inside car) 85dB

Telephone dial tone 80dB

Normal conversation at 3' 60-65dB

Whisper Quiet Library at 6' 30dB

Weakest sound heard 0dB

how could you have a set loudest sound possible? surely the sound of a supernovae imploding or something would be louder than 194.

194 db is the limit for sound in earth's atmosphere, i guess at that point the pressure variations create vacuums in between waves of air particles squished together, and they start to call it pressure waves.

Check out this article: http://nautil.us/blog/the-sound-so-loud-that-it-circled-the-earth-four-times

Archived