IGNORED

180db

kaini

Luke: dude you need to release that vibervibed synth test!

RDJ: i dunno, ill need to change drastically it so it would fit other tracks on..

Luke: nono, keep it simple, it will loose all it's magic!

RDJ: but...

Luke: I'll buy you a blimp you always wanted!

RDJ: lol ok

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not trying to be controversial but this was one of my favourite Syro tracks on first listen.

Wish it was longer.

you like what you like. autechre - hub's last.fm shoutbox is full of autistc fanboys crying, saying the track is shit, the only ae track they hate, too repetitive, and whatever other tedious thoughts

i adore hub. it's fuckin' brilliant. i think i had to hear it twice, after that we was in the braindance bone zone.

Guest Roksen Creek

I'm not trying to be controversial but this was one of my favourite Syro tracks on first listen.

Wish it was longer.

you like what you like. autechre - hub's last.fm shoutbox is full of autistc fanboys crying, saying the track is shit, the only ae track they hate, too repetitive, and whatever other tedious thoughts

i adore hub. it's fuckin' brilliant. i think i had to hear it twice, after that we was in the braindance bone zone.

Hub is amazing. Ignore those guys.

I've yet to decide whether I like this or not, it's a strange choice that much I will say. It might make more sense in context of the rest of the album after more listens, but right now it certainly is an anomaly.

I liked it when I listened to it on the sets, before syro came out. But it thought it was a fucking excerpt! This song deserved a whole different treatment, it shouldn't be left to be a pisstake.

personally i always loved this track. like "flat beat 2" for me. it's just all about "ta da, ta da da, ta da, ta. awagawagawagawaga". or you get it or you dont =)

haha yup, I thought it was pretty bangin', personally.

Wish it was longer.

Yeah what! I think Hub is one of the best things they've done. Certainly my favourite track on Chiastic Slide.

^ noice, thanks for the info.

Peeps in here being quick to write it off need to get over their reactionary adhd-ness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensate_focusing

you wanna tell me this is a grower? :D I dont mind playing the track but it's the least I'm looking forward to on all Syro... I'd love to hear it on a huge system though

Let's talk about 180db!

It's a total anomaly on the album, imo. Doesn't mean I don't like it though. It actually reminds me a lot of stuff I used hear at free tekno parties in the late nineties, in squats in the Netherlands - sound systems like Mononom or stuff you'd hear at De Blauwe Aanslag. Crusty, dog-on-string-style rave, in other words.

That's pretty awesome. You went a lot to those squat parties in the Hague? Never connected this track with that scene at all though.

I like the track, mostly because I've been listening to it for about 9 years, and everytime I hear it I'm being reminded of that last decade when listening to that Snowbombing track, which is mostly good memories :) and yeah, it was pretty impressive hearing it at the listening session - good banger, everyone started to dance to that like crazy.

I'm also a bit stunned that so many people think it shouldn't be on the album because it doesn't really fit the vibe. Remember Ventolin on ICBYD? AFX 6/B on AB3? Second track on UI Green? I'd say even Quoth on SOSW had a bit of that. It's typical Aphex Twin to put that in the middle of the album imo.

180dB is a bit like AFX 114 to me (same story), a quick dancefloor burner inbetween.

Quite like this track. It's a nice little shade to add to the richness (heh 'Richness'...) of the album. Make sure you are listening on kickass headphones if you aren't feeling it.

Let's talk about 180db!

It's a total anomaly on the album, imo. Doesn't mean I don't like it though. It actually reminds me a lot of stuff I used hear at free tekno parties in the late nineties, in squats in the Netherlands - sound systems like Mononom or stuff you'd hear at De Blauwe Aanslag. Crusty, dog-on-string-style rave, in other words.

That's pretty awesome. You went a lot to those squat parties in the Hague?

moreso in amsterdam and haarlem, really... but a few in den haag as well :)

Love the track, and it would have been awesome if it was longer.

And +1 on the banger tracks album. Is there a thread around collecting these bangers or should I make one :)?

I agree with everyone that says they love this track.

I disagree with everyone that says otherwise.

BTW, my theory is that the older fans are the ones that like this track more.

This.

Love this track.

And I'm one of the older fans...

Guest trananhhung

I love it. And it's a great way to open the dance floor for the bangers that are coming next. This track during the listening in Hackney drove people crazy. That kick!

Guest LoveRhino

There is a lot of hate out there for this track. It is a lot more stripped back than the rest of the album (bar aisatsana) but it does not feel out of place to me at all. It is more melodic and banging than much of Analord (which I now love the majority of). I do not feel it is out of place. It adds more diversity to the overall album and shows that Aphex can still shred it with a stripped back track with only a couple of sounds. The sentiment that it does not belong on the album is bunk. Of course it does. Syro is what Syro is. Love it or lump it. Accept it as a whole or as a subset of it's parts but this track belongs here.

Those beats are fantastic.

I think the placement on the album is perfect.

You've got 4 tracks full of evolving greatness and then comes 180. i welcome it cause a little bit of monotomy is the right thing. It doesn't overload you. It flushes your mind. After that, the CIRCLONTA thing starts and you're right back into the mindfuckery that comes.

Archived