IGNORED

180db

kaini

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's as classic an AFX riff as any I've heard.

Then again I have been listening to it for a few years now.

yeah, classic is a good description. The first thing I thought was that it sounds like oldskool AFX, with cleaner sound design.

I used to listen to Vibervibed Synth Test a lot before Syro came out, so by the time I actually heard the album, it didn't quite have the impact on me as it should have.

Nevertheless, it's a great little track. I don't understand why it's getting so much hate. Sure, it lacks the depth that most RDJ tracks typically have, but depth should never determine whether a track is good or not. It's got a beastly groove and an unfuckwithable kick sound. What more could you ask for?

did vibert co-write this? i don't know if i made that up in my mind or not.

i was thinking about this when i read in that recent interview he said "Aphex offered me record an album together, but I now refuse to because I'm afraid that he'll steal from me my ideas. Once we've worked together - for a track, and six months later, I heard this track, that i heard would go into the new Aphex twin album and authorship there stood only for Aphex; there was not a word about me and that's what I, in fact, wrote all the bass line and the drums."

the way he frames it as theft i interpreted as a joke.

it would be interesting though, if there are uncited collaborators on syro

I like it. for me it was the tune out of all the known to be on syro tracks that i was wanting to hear properly the most, compared to the metx and singapore tracks

it doesnt really go anywhere but still thumbs up here

the track doesn't bother me at all but it sounds like something he made when he was 12

It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child

said Picasso

well, that's what i like on 180db, that childish & simple dumb feel

It's like a fully digital analord, first I thought it was jarring now even the 'jarring' way the breaks stop and start make me revel in headnodding.

Pretty good.

it's a pisstake rave track to me. I like it. it's goofy and mental and exactly as long/short as it should be. and I like the way it ends, with the beat just peacing out into 'verb.

I'm amazed how overrated this track is.

could be that you are just an idiot

i can't help but imagine 180dB playing in the background when the brawl starts!

tCp90.gif

Archived