IGNORED

Andy Stott - Faith In Strangers

Perezvon

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought today from Boomkat (nice they give flac & mp3 with physical orders), played twice now, really liking the atmosphere. Violence is still the standout for me so far. I played his Tricky remix straight after, fits in well with the style of this I think, in fact, the album made me appreciate the remix even more...

heh

nice interview here

http://m.tinymixtapes.com/features/andy-stott

Good interview, I really want to hear this album now.

this interview ruined the album just a tiny bit for me. the first track is nothing more than someone else playing a euphonium...

yeah but it's still the same track as before you knew that piece of information. I think it's amazing that something so simple can be so powerful.

anyone else notice how lush and deep the intro to the title track sounds right after the hectic distorted assault of Damage? it really does your head in (in a good way)

imo this is definitely meant to be listened to as an album rather than a collection of disconnected tracks. and loud.

Im a big fan of Stott's work, i enjoyed bits of his last LP and same with this. I feel like its good to see him grow and change but i still think Passed me by and we stay are a head above this. I feel like he plays it a little safe production wise. I would like ot hear him experiment more.

But will persist , im sure itll grow on me in time. Gotta be in the mood for this stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived