IGNORED

Mental Images Generated by Autechre

Guest SeniorMuffins87

Sorry if this is rude - but this idea of 'mental images' from listening to autechre - is very fucking annoying to me - you HAVE to have consumed some drug for this to happen - period, and no one out there is honestly going to say they get mental images - if you do - then you are either schizo or imagining shit that isn't there, in which case - get a fucking life. Some LSD and exai would be a mental combination though ;-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't be serious? Are you saying that you can't imagine things in your head that aren't there? How do you remember things? How do you visualize things in your head that you are going to build or create? Do you need drugs to do what every living human can do from birth? I guess you're too cool for that and only nerdy book worms imagine things. Books are for nerds, amirite guyz
No. This topic - which is obviously been ejaculated and being swallowed by let's say - the Big Bang viewers? Is that better? And yes I am able to imagine and go deep into detail of fantastical imagery without the influence if drugs - I'm a moron? I never attacked anyone personally - oh well!

When I said nerd alert - I expressed my inability to tolerate the stench of wonderment displayed by these nerd like attributes to imagery accompaniment of music such as autechre's. My initial post (perhaps not clear) tries to explain that I don't believe that autechre's music AUTOMATICALLY triggers images - I am certain one must forcefully push their mind to drift into a day dream state and visit these fantastical images - in which case. Why do it!? - why not just enjoy the music - I've my self done the opposite and consciously not closed my eyes and drooled like a cock sucker. Some of you seem to think I am unable to imagine such things. You don't even know me.

Pfffffft.

Fucking nerd alert over here. Jesus. fine - go see all the images you want - wonder why the music makes you think of these images though - why not just enjoy the fucking music - again you all come across as real book worm types - I'm sure autechre would be quite amused by the imagination brought upon by their music which ofcourse is intended by them. Righhhhht.

And my brain is not 'broken' that makes no sense. At all.

Stop day dreaming boys - it's time to wake up.

You're so fucking real i want to deepthroat suck your iphone

Oh dear. You poor thing. 3bd2bc89ee4eec31ef216a359549bc9f.jpg

Here try these two first ;-)

Is there a way to not have to see this jackasses posts anymore?

Surely you can imagine it.

And no need to call me a jackass - that is just rude. I don't expect that from such brilliant minds.

no need to call me a jackass - that is just rude.

Oh god.... the irony............. :cerious:

So ones point of view / ironical to being called a jackass .... That is so soul haunting.

Pfffft.

What I'm saying is that you're being a belligerent asshole and you've been rude to every single person who's had a differing opinion to you in here. You've called every single one of them rude words. So that's why I feel justified in calling you a jackass.

I'm going to stop this now - good luck to all. In all honesty. Wether you enjoy - beautiful surreal imagery - or what ever it is you fan girls/boys like to do.

I'm too fucking tired and old for this shit.

although it's wrong to speak about music in visual terms imo it's completely normal to experience imageries while listening to music, especially music like ae. of course, feelings that both forms arts invoke in us are the common denominator here and usually it's music that invoke imageries not vice-versa cause music is more abstract, more 'deep' and profound so i'd say that it's better to avoid being inspired by visual stimulants when making music. imo tbh wtf

Angry sine man they are automatic images for me and maybe am just mental but I thought that happens to most people when listening to music. Obvs not for you fair enough but shut the fuck up then

There seems to be so much hate on this site at the moment what is going on!?

- wait a min of course its that ginger fellas fault for releasing a new album! but does the vitriol really have to spill over to the lovely people in the Autechre forum?

Altibzz: Reminds me of a tundra landscape in late summer, once the first frost has killed off the bugs and you're left with a breathtaking view over a calm, still plain covered with gently-rolling smooth outcrops and low shrubs slowly turning red under a clear blue sky

tiwTglY.jpg

(did I do it right?)

Most Exai tracks make me picture the primordial soup with tons of alien creatures forming,evolving,procreating,dying in a timelapse.

Cichli Suite and Chiastic slide are mostly odd buildings with metal constructions being harrassed by a bunch of alien drummers and cartoon characters drumming with metal rods.

This topic is pretty self-indulgent but I agree that Autechre is some of the most strongly visually evocative music out there.

I get this from all music but theirs especially. I think Quaristice is the most vivid for me, probably at least in part because it has the most variety. I listened to The Plc a few weeks ago after not hearing it for a while and the images were pretty intense, like some sinister multi-level freeway with sunlight fighting through thick layers of smog.

Fucking nerd alert over here. Jesus. fine - go see all the images you want - wonder why the music makes you think of these images though - why not just enjoy the fucking music - again you all come across as real book worm types - I'm sure autechre would be quite amused by the imagination brought upon by their music which ofcourse is intended by them. Righhhhht.

And my brain is not 'broken' that makes no sense. At all.

Stop day dreaming boys - it's time to wake up.

You're so fucking real i want to deepthroat suck your iphone

Oh dear. You poor thing. 3bd2bc89ee4eec31ef216a359549bc9f.jpg

Here try these two first ;-)

you may be a twat but that's a fantastic picture of S&R, love it. They look like idm vikings/pagan gods

1 1 is reminds me of a submerged diving bell slowly coming up to the surface. Those filter sweeps really mess with my head whenever I play this track in my car, it really rattles the speakers and makes me feel like my ears want to pop - hence the submerged diving bell bit

i haven't read this thread but it seems funny and what an awesome ballin picture

my most mental images of autechre were /are on drukqs i must say

i don't shroom mdma often, but when i do, autechre albums

Guest SeniorMuffins87

Haha, these are awesome. Just came back to check these...some of these are great and make total sense. Agreed that Autechre is about the most visually evocative music out there....Olivier Messiaen's stuff for Ondes Martenot comes close - "Oriason" and "Fête des belles eaux" especially.

Autechre and Messiaen both described their own music in visual terms...messiaen had a really crazy case of synaesthesia to the point that each note had a stable color in his head, and combining notes had the same effect on him as combining paint colors would for a normo like myself.

Seems like captain tapatalk's train sure doesn't stop at Imagination Station. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Guest jasondonervan

ibfgcckkxVce1b.jpg

imageholderbcloseup.jpg

I think I misunderstood the assignment, but I just wanted an excuse to post the above cos they make me feel all warm and Autechry

Archived