IGNORED

Ishraqiyun (Secret Chiefs 3) - Perichoresis

baph

Whoa nice! I was hoping we'd get Folio B but this oughtta do nicely for now. I wonder if Trey's planning to do full albums for all the satellite bands. The Traditionalists album is fantastic. I'd really like to hear one that's all Electromagnetic Azoth.

Available for pre-order, apparently shipping around October 21st (of this year, presumably).

Not really big on any other details at the moment, but Ishraqiyun SC3 is best SC3.

I do agree with that! Haven't listened to a new SC3 release for a long time, will check this out.

shraqiyun SC3 is best SC3.

right on brah. will not be holding my breath on this release though. release dates are very open to interpretation with ole' trey.

When traditionalists broke free it came unanticipated, just announced out of the blue and ready. I would expect this on or before Oct 21st.

Folio A was a running joke...

Yea, was just being 99% sarcastic. Legit if it got posted to WoM. Book of Souls was a running joke.

To be fair to Trey, as maddeningly/overly "optimistic" as his release schedule predictions are, he hasn't historically delayed release dates after actually allowing orders or preorders. I got Folio A in October 2013 per the preorder announcement, and cut them a little slack on getting things out in a trickle since it's a tiny operation. Edit: also I got it way earlier than it was available in-store or on amazon (hi bleep).

(I probably said this same thing when we were talking about Folio A, lol)

Paypal fucked up on me trying to preorder this one, though-- I hit cancel in paypal's pages but the webstore shows an order being processed. So I dunno, maybe I broke Web of Mimicry. Trey srry.

I don't want to ask for help on the wom message board because it'll probably result in 4 pages of reaction gifs and nothing else.

Had the same thing happen to me a while back when ordering Foolio A. Just send Arkmay a message or use the contact form in the store and they should be able to take care of it. As long as you didn't get charged by paypal the order didn't and won't go through and more than likely you'll have to just start a new order and go through the process again.

wonder if it's the hour long piece i saw them do at the stone last year. the cover reminds me of trey's introduction of it as being like tessellated tiles, a pattern that periodically shifts as though viewed from a different angle. it would be great to get a studio production of that.

I doubt it, as Tesselations doesn't fit the mold of Ishraqiyun (or any of the subbands) in my opinion (and I believe T has said as much). I honestly don't know what to expect out of this, we've had a good deal of unreleased material from this subband, but as far as I know this could be as leftfield as Le Mani.

Had the same thing happen to me a while back when ordering Foolio A. Just send Arkmay a message or use the contact form in the store and they should be able to take care of it. As long as you didn't get charged by paypal the order didn't and won't go through and more than likely you'll have to just start a new order and go through the process again.

Thanks, will do!

Yeah, not sure they'd release Tesselations without just calling the album Tesselations. Wouldn't mind getting a release of it, though.

I'm guessing Saptarshi is on this new one in some form, but who knows. I'd love a version of Brazen Serpent (although I really want a Vehm "cover" of it, to be honest).

I don't want to ask for help on the wom message board because it'll probably result in 4 pages of reaction gifs and nothing else.

Don't bother with the message board, you'll just get replies from some guy named "Spheniscidae of the montem fata", who posts several sentences in latin & words with 5 or more syllables and finishes by attaching some generic gif of a photo from 2003 of some guy laughing at a computer.

baffling really.

Fantastic news - Ishraqiyun is my favorite of the sub-bands as well, with Holy Vehm in close second. Still hoping they get a full-length someday, but I guess there's no point wondering when.

Really excited because I'm seeing SC3 with Cleric in a couple weeks. They both put on an amazing live show. Trey usually hangs out at the merch booth afterwards too - hopefully I can chat with him for a bit and ask some questions!

Don't bother with the message board, you'll just get replies from some guy named "Spheniscidae of the montem fata", who posts several sentences in latin & words with 5 or more syllables and finishes by attaching some generic gif of a photo from 2003 of some guy laughing at a computer.

baffling really.

1.Balance of the 19

L0p5k.png

2: Balance of the 19

3: Balance of the 19

3064145115_2ab64ce23c_z.jpg

9: Balance of the 19

10: KT Pierce ruined WATMM

:shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

To recap on the other night's show - it was phenomenal! They played a huge variety of songs from across the different sub-bands. Sadly nothing new, though I did get to hear some particularly badass versions of Dolorous Stike & Brazen Serpent.

I also had a chance to talk to Trey for a bit, asked him if there was any chance of a Holy Vehm album in the future. He told me that they were actually planning start recording one next year for a possible 2016 release! Said they were going to use the same vocalist, Unhuman, that they used on the two other tracks. So that's pretty wicked. Hopefully we'll get to hear it, eventually, someday!

I also had a chance to talk to Trey for a bit, asked him if there was any chance of a Holy Vehm album in the future. He told me that they were actually planning start recording one next year for a possible 2016 release! Said they were going to use the same vocalist, Unhuman, that they used on the two other tracks. So that's pretty wicked. Hopefully we'll get to hear it, eventually, someday!

Haha, I hope this actually happens.

New PerichoresisPR and preview is up, also looks like copies are going to show up at live shows from here out:

http://webofmimicry.com/perichoresis.php

baffling really.

1.Balance of the 19

L0p5k.png

Nailed it baph. You must be one of those frequent posters on WoM that I referred to... :wink:

baffling really.

1.Balance of the 19

L0p5k.png

Nailed it baph. You must be one of those frequent posters on WoM that I referred to... :wink:

lel, same username over there. I haven't actually posted in forever.

haha, this press release is most idm 2014

Its fantastic haha. So much of the Secret Chiefs literature and descriptions come off as overly philosophical, almost to a pretentious level. Which is odd cause he's one of the most humble musicians I've talked to.

Though I have to say, holy shit - 17 minute Ishraqiyun track?! With 3 overlapping time signature?!?! This has the potential to be something very special.

• 2 weeks later...

Available for pre-order, apparently shipping around October 21st (of this year, presumably).

Hey, Trey nailed a release date! Just got it.

Edit: Sheeeit The 7 is perfect

Edit: Tesselations detected

Edit: it's a different tone

What track name is sample #3. Not sure if the samples follow song order. Sounds reals nice.

What track name is sample #3. Not sure if the samples follow song order. Sounds reals nice.

The third sample is a tiny bit of Perichoresis, which is definitely growing out of Tesselations. Zoned out hard listening to this track, but I mean that in the best possible way; it's very hypnotic with tons of little details and transient phrases popping in and out.

The fourth sample with the synth bass is Base Phive Futur Cossacks, which is simultaneously silly/awesome.

It's a great album. Had the standard moment of slight disappointment when Saptarshi was the same Saptarshi we already have (thought I noticed a few new things in the mix but not sure), but it closes out the album perfectly. Sounds better in this context than it did as a single, and it was amazing as a single. Everything else is new or new versions of unreleased live classix.

As always, absolutely impeccable production, and maybe a little more raw/direct feeling in places than Folio A. It works. The classic live tracks (the 15, the 7, "fast") really shine with the production here.

It feels like it would slot in really well at the end of Folio A, too.

The liner notes mention Bereshith, which isn't on here, I dunno. :doge:

Thanks again, Trey.

I have yet to hear anything more than samples & Saptarshi, but it sounds much more interesting than Folio A was to me. But, then again Ishraqiyun & forms are my favorite SC3 satellites, so it makes sense I would prefer this more I guess. Just from the samples, Perichoresis has that "never heard something like this" feeling which I enjoyed in a few tracks from Book of Horizons & that I felt was lacking in Book of Souls

Archived