IGNORED

Syro JPN CD Owners’ Lounge

ascdi

I love how on the DHL tracking page it says it left Japan on the 24th, was in Hong Kong on the 25th, and then arrived in LA on the 24th.

Different timezones maybe? :shrug:

Also, mine says it's still in Toyko, where it was 2 days ago, grrrrr

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Update: just checked again, it has landed in London and cleared customs. I'm sensing a delivery tomorrow or Saturday. Fingers crossed

Heh, same here

DHL probably dedicated a flight solely to imported Syro CDs :rdjgrin:

I love how on the DHL tracking page it says it left Japan on the 24th, was in Hong Kong on the 25th, and then arrived in LA on the 24th.

Different timezones maybe? :shrug:

International dateline.

Just got my Japan CD in the US a few minutes ago. It came with a small aphex twin logo magnet about 2.5 inches in diameter. The bonus track is nice.

It mentioned this on the Amazon purchase page. Excited! HMV Japan orders got some other bonus thing, but not a magnet.

Mine is probably on my porch at home. WHY AM I AT WORK!?

Just got my Japan CD in the US a few minutes ago. It came with a small aphex twin logo magnet about 2.5 inches in diameter. The bonus track is nice.

It mentioned this on the Amazon purchase page. Excited! HMV Japan orders got some other bonus thing, but not a magnet.

Mine is probably on my porch at home. WHY AM I AT WORK!?

I was going off a google-translated description on beatnik:

Add a bonus track of the Japanese release limited, the latest album by Aphex Twin "Syro" will be released on Wednesday, September 24. The Designers Republic is working on artwork. The original clear file, HMV, in diskunion in Tower Records, in the target store logo badge cans of the original design, the amazon, the original logo magnets, and other gifts of arrival the original logo sticker, respectively. Furthermore, in the target store in (day), If you reserve album September 21, to get their own shopping bag of Aphex Twin.

It seems to list a lot of goodies there so I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to get. I'm happy about the magnet though. Can't put it on my car though, I've had one car magnet stolen and another one drawn on with permanent marker (wtf?).

DHL just sent me a text message saying that my CD will be delivered tomorrow (and that I should fill out some web form if I expect to be away). I am in the united states, and I ordered from AMAZON JP.

Just received my CD! Magnet is visible.

As I reached for the box laying in front of my door, vordhosbn started eerily playing throughout my head...

u0Sp9mp.jpg

I was going off a google-translated description on beatnik:

Add a bonus track of the Japanese release limited, the latest album by Aphex Twin "Syro" will be released on Wednesday, September 24. The Designers Republic is working on artwork. The original clear file, HMV, in diskunion in Tower Records, in the target store logo badge cans of the original design, the amazon, the original logo magnets, and other gifts of arrival the original logo sticker, respectively. Furthermore, in the target store in (day), If you reserve album September 21, to get their own shopping bag of Aphex Twin.

It seems to list a lot of goodies there so I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to get. I'm happy about the magnet though. Can't put it on my car though, I've had one car magnet stolen and another one drawn on with permanent marker (wtf?).

That's right, HMV orders were supposed to get a patch (says a buddy), but it was a limited supply thing.

I'm now proudly a member of the lounge :beer:

Just lounged super hard and gave this a spin at beyond maximum volume in the dark. Fuckin YEAH.

Super excited that I decided to splurge on the JPN edition of this album. This has got to be one of the best Japanese bonus tracks ever.

One other quick thought after a first listen: can’t help but wonder what some of the track titles mean. A lot of them end with “t” and a number—I wonder if those are takes? As in: MARCHROMT30A = “MARCHROM, take 30 (a)”

It would make sense to me that notes about “edit” or a particular “mix” would follow that in the title, as presumably a lot of these are elaborate hardware compositions, probably performed a bunch of times to get a good take, edited down?

Someone else may have already mentioned this in the 10 tons of Syro content, just speculating

Lounge on ladies and gents… …

I bought a copy of it in Tower Records in Shinjuku the day it came out.

Willing to sell it to anyone who wants it and send it from Japan. I can get as many other copies as people want too, as I live right next to a cd shop and they have it in stock.

I bought a copy of it in Tower Records in Shinjuku the day it came out.

Willing to sell it to anyone who wants it and send it from Japan. I can get as many other copies as people want too, as I live right next to a cd shop and they have it in stock.

how much? want to know the price with the post mailed price (sorry for my english)

Archived