IGNORED

4 Bit 9d Api+E+6 [126.26] - formally the Minehead/ATP track

phudoshin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'annoying' stab/blap/blurp thing annoys me too, but then I got this intuition that it is not AFX playing it, it's one of his kids jamming along? It sounds very basic, which we don't expect from AFX but maybe he found his kid's playing along endearing and included it?

Pure speculation here but that's the only way I can figure out why they are so present in the track yet annoyingly basic.

The 'annoying' stab/blap/blurp thing annoys me too, but then I got this intuition that it is not AFX playing it, it's one of his kids jamming along? It sounds very basic, which we don't expect from AFX but maybe he found his kid's playing along endearing and included it?

Pure speculation here but that's the only way I can figure out why they are so present in the track yet annoyingly basic.

They story about his 2 genius kids is a lie.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I don't find the blaps annoying. They add to the syncopated feel of the whole track. Still my favourite track on Syro, that main synth line is a beauty, especially when the track switches to half time.

• 7 months later...

what is the super smooth chords / lead thing that comes in at 1:08? i'd love to re-create that sound but i'm not sure what the basic components are. the attack! the cutoff! they're perfect!

the more i listen to all the soundcloud dumps and all of syro and pretty much everything rdj has done, i think this is the best electronic song of all time. we need to send it as our representative to other planets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

can anyone recommend some other tracks with similar beats? this is like some electro funk or something, right?

There was someone on watmm that made a really similar track, with the same drums. I can't remember who it was but it's meant to be coming out on sleepers records.

can anyone recommend some other tracks with similar beats? this is like some electro funk or something, right?

Nord Drum 2 demos doing similar textures and beats:

There was someone on watmm that made a really similar track, with the same drums. I can't remember who it was but it's meant to be coming out on sleepers records.

LOL i just checked the cn obscure fragments thread where it was posted cos I wanted to hear it again. Turns out it was your track!!! When's your record out mate? I wants it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived