IGNORED

Hyperdub 10.4 - unreleased Burial track on next Hyperdub comp.

Npoess

Hyperdub’s 10th anniversary tetralogy is about to reach its conclusion - and they’ve finally wheeled out their prize batsman.

Hyperdub 10.4 - the fourth in the label’s ongoing 2014 series of birthday compilations – will drop soon, and will feature a disc of classic Hyperdub fare coupled with a CD of new and unreleased material from label alumni.

The big selling point is an unreleased track from label darlingBurial – no title has been provided, but we’re told by the label that it’s a familiar cut “from the archives.” The track in question apparently has an “unusually triumphant and, compared to recent extended montages, relatively direct 2 step feel”.

The set promises to be a more dancefloor-focused affair than therecent Hyperdub 10.3 compilation, honing in on funky, garage and techno. Cooly G, Fhloston Paradigm, Walton and Martyn all feature, and exclusive VIPs of tracks by Ikonika and Funkystepz are also promised.

The compilation will arrive on November 3 on 2xCD. If you’re in the business of guessing what said Burial drop is, head over to our rundown of 10 unreleased Burial tracks that could emerge this year (everything crossed for ‘Feral Witchchild’!)

Tracklisting:

CD1

1. Burial – First track not included in the promo

2. Cooly G – Him Da Biz

3. Ossie + Phrh – Ugly Observation

4. Funkystepz – Vice Versa

5. Walton – Laser War

6. Kode9 – Oh

7. Ikonika – Position VIP

8. Funkystepz – Fuller VIP

9. Martyn – Mega Drive Generation (Dorian Concept Rmx)

10. Fhloston Paradigm – The Phoenix T

11. DVA – Monophonic Dreams

12. Jessy Lanza – Fuck Diamond (Bambounou Rmx)

13. Cooly G – Love Again

14. Kyle Hall – Kaychunk

CD2

1. Burial – Street Halo

2. Kode9 & the Spaceape – Love is the Drug

3. Cooly G – Love Dub Refix

4. Walton – Need to Feel

5. Darkstar – Gold (John Roberts remix)

6. DVA – Step 2 Funk

7. LV feat. Okmalumkoolkat – boomslang

8. Ill Blu – Bellion

9. DVA – Walk it Out

10. Cooly G – Narst

11. Walton – 808 Vybzin

12. Laurel Halo – Noyfb

13. DVA – Polyphonic Dreams

14. Laurel Halo – Chance of Rain

Please be Feral Witchchild, please be Feral Witchchild, please be Feral Witchchild

• 1 month later...

Great to see it finally surface. Seems like it's been completely re-done too, as the production seems much nicer on it.

Would be great to get an EP at the end of the year with all the other unreleased Burial tunes, reworked and redone in this quality too.

fuck off & make an album already.

This.

I want those 10 unreleased tracks on a single album.

*throws money at computerscreen out of a tremendous feeling of entitledness*

I still really like Burial but I stopped wearing my Burial t-shirt so people don't think I am a representative of concern for having manginas/ladypenii though I'm not against it necessarily not that there's anything wrong with that imo tbqh

I stopped wearing my Burial t-shirt because it was a terrible oversized over-thick tent of a t-shirt, even though I ordered medium and was hoping for a slim fit.

I just realised I never got around to hearing Rival Dealer :cerious:

just keep going around

lol pretty much

I don't think so, I really like it. One of my favs. You should give it a try.

it is lambeth. zzzzzz. least wanted track ever. plus benji b played it back in 09 and then played it again a few days ago saying "first time ever" or some shit. lol

i start to hate this goodman character. he should know, that people were hoping for a speedball2/ true love or feral witchchild release and he got us lambeth. seriously, wtf. burial should sign to warp or something.

Archived