IGNORED

Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

lawrenke

Guest bitroast

incredible bad cover . album is awesome so far

Lol i dont get the album title either :s

Doubt it matters:) will purchase/listen immediately.

New shit was definitely imminent. Thom tweeted a pic around the time of polyfaunia 2 that looked like video screengrab. Then polyfaunia containing new song stems/vocals. Then most recent tweet of white vinyl. The signs were there (for anyone on twitter following the yorke:)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

Can't wait to hear if Thom Yorks solo work has evolved into something even more dry sounding

lol yeh.

But… my choices to buy are mp3 + video only, vs. full shebang jazzmatazz edition? What about lossless files only PLZ

TOHM PLZ

vinyl purchase comes with mp3/wav/flac download :)

Guest bitroast

Should have just called the album Polyfauna.

maybe this is part of the releasing "experiment".

give the album a shit album title. shit album cover. release it by bittorrent. and see if people still get into it.

Guest bitroast

hard to say on FIRST Listen but this immediately comes across has having a nice focus on song writing and melody^^ **

very nice:)

** compared to amok.

was writing some post and deleted most of it. my (DELETED) post was just saying that amok always struck me as more jam orientated. the melodic moments from that album are a byproduct of the jams(?). nice album but it still is what it is. album pieced together from jams.

Guest bitroast

Some great travks here. Really enjoy it overall.

Bonus!! The vinyl is one disc.

The trend of releasing ultra high quality discs, 2xLP etc. and having to flip discs after 2 tracks can get tiresome. 20 min per side, 40 min lp = perfect.

Happy happy^^

Guest bitroast

is the torrent thing not a ripoff of the Syro .tor idea or what?

seems like a rip off of the in rainbows pay what you want scheme..

they also released These Are My Twisted Words via torrent (for free) complete with .nfo txt document and release info^^

I don't think this release is very syro at all tbh...

syro torrent?

bit torrents are new now?

The concept of releasing an album via tor files is new, yeah, as far as I know. That's why I asked the question.

I don't know what that is.

they also released These Are My Twisted Words via torrent (for free) complete with .nfo txt document and release info^^

I don't know what "These are my twisted words" is.

Again, that's why I asked the question.

I really like it. The beats are tasteful and tasty, a proper counterpart to Thom's singing and synth work, which is beautiful. The Eraser grew from something flat and disappointing into something glorious, stuffed with Harrowdown Hill and Atoms for Peace. I don't know how much of it is to do with being caned, but I agree this stuff is hypnotising. I've listened to it four times already. Great songwriting.

Although I don't really like The Mother Lode that much so far. Sounds like cobbled together bits of something he'd like to write.

Guest bitroast

syro torrent?

bit torrents are new now?

The concept of releasing an album via tor files is new, yeah, as far as I know. That's why I asked the question.

I don't know what that is.

I don't know what "These are my twisted words" is.

Again, that's why I asked the question.

Haha you sound like siri rejecting requests from iphone user with speech impediment.

In Rainbows was Radiohead's 7th album, from 2007.

First independent album for them since they broke their "deliver 6 albums" contract with Parlaphone. So you know, they were in position of being massively popular and being independent.

So they released the album online with a "pay what you want" price. So anyone could download the album for free, or pay (I think up to 50 dollars?) for the mp3s.

They never specified how much they made from it but from interviews you can pretty much piece together that they raked it in big time:)

These Are My Twisted Words was a one off radiohead song released... at some point... and it was released with no press release or media hype or anything. It was "leaked" onto torrent sites.

In summary, the way this new album was released is nothing particularly new for thom yorke.. I don't think it was inspired by aphex twin in the slightest...

Guest bitroast

here's the text file that came with These Are My Twisted Words mp3 file on torrent sites.

clearly mock up .nfo to go with torrent theme..

twisted_words.jpg

Guest bitroast

the vinyl is $50.

What the heck... $50 :facepalm:

Yay, another Thom Yorke thing with another digital distribution gimmick.

for someone famous like thom yorke this is genius.

release album with no samples. people buy instantly because a. it's $6 and b. it's thom yorke (for me I purchased the vinyl without even listening because you know... radiohead fan...).

so anyway, the digitals are released by torrent instead of hosting. hosting = money and heavy servers to handle all the traffic.

torrent = no server strain for digital files. last I saw, the torrent had 50,000 something seeders. 50,000 x 6 = money money money.

when I bought the vinyl, the download was hosted by sandbag (options included mp3/wav/flac).

I think the vinyl includes cost of whats involved. ie. fancy packaging. digital file hosting. sandbag handling distribution.

the vinyl is $50.

What the heck... $50 :facepalm:

Yay, another Thom Yorke thing with another digital distribution gimmick.

for someone famous like thom yorke this is genius.

release album with no samples. people buy instantly because a. it's $6 and b. it's thom yorke (for me I purchased the vinyl without even listening because you know... radiohead fan...).

so anyway, the digitals are released by torrent instead of hosting. hosting = money and heavy servers to handle all the traffic.

torrent = no server strain for digital files. last I saw, the torrent had 50,000 something seeders. 50,000 x 6 = money money money.

when I bought the vinyl, the download was hosted by sandbag (options included mp3/wav/flac).

I think the vinyl includes cost of whats involved. ie. fancy packaging. digital file hosting. sandbag handling distribution.

I want the vinyl but can't be arsed to spend $50 for an 8-track album. I really want a physical copy, though.

Archived