IGNORED

Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes

lawrenke

I really like this. In particular The Mother Lode and Nose Grows Some. I took some time today to figure out most of the lyrics over the album. Made a big difference for me. People often forget how difficult it is to make decent electronic music with vocals and I think he receives some unfair abuse over his electronic styles. You can't really make super complex, ever-changing electronic masterpieces like aphex and fit a vocal over it comfortably. Not that I think he has them skills anyway but he plays to his strengths and he's still the fucking man.

I left the album on repeat today while taking a nap and had one of those kinda light sleeps where the music is in your dreams. It was fucking amazing. There are few things I love more than putting soundtracks to my dreams and this one was perfect dream music.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Previewed a few tracks online last night and really liked what I was hearing so just downloaded the full album. I'm enjoying where Thom Yorke's music is currently at. His electronic production has really come on and the song writing feels tender and exposed, to me.

Listening to this album is helping me to forget that I'm working on a weekend.

is it following on from the eraser? keen to listen after hearing Godrich co produced. Personally i feel like he is radioheads secret, great producer.

thom yorke seems like a true tosser but the eraser was my soundtrack for months when it came out

Love it. Just had it on loop for about 2.5 hours whilst studying. Its excellent, and really hard to pick a favourite track, as its all good in its own way.

For an electronic/vocals album, it's pretty rad. A worthy follow-up to The Eraser.

Oddly, I haven't really paid any attention to the album title/cover as of yet, nor the accompanying video. The music just doesn't need all that, I just refer to it as 'sophomore' or 'the new Thom Yorke album'.

One gets the sense that Thom has finally found that organic blend he has been searching for all these years (not that this necessarily makes it better, but its certainly cleaner).

Guest bitroast

Oddly, I haven't really paid any attention to the album title/cover as of yet, nor the accompanying video. The music just doesn't need all that, I just refer to it as 'sophomore' or 'the new Thom Yorke album'.

True, ditto. Im loving the album. Only day but played it quite a few times and its only gotten better and stronger each time. Each time i remember the album title i kind of cringe.

I liked the Eraser, but this album is better overall. Definitely a 'record' as to a collection of mostly good songs that Eraser was.

And for £4, can't complain at all. Kudos to Thom for another successful experiment.

first run through was very pleasant. I love the album art too. awesome surprise. once again, this is how you release modern music. it's announced, it's out, people buy it. not: it's been done for 6 months, we are just going to tease you until you all steal it. then we will release it later.

syro torrent?

bit torrents are new now?

The concept of releasing an album via tor files is new, yeah, as far as I know. That's why I asked the question.

is the torrent thing not a ripoff of the Syro .tor idea or what?

seems like a rip off of the in rainbows pay what you want scheme..

I don't know what that is.

is the torrent thing not a ripoff of the Syro .tor idea or what?

seems like a rip off of the in rainbows pay what you want scheme..

they also released These Are My Twisted Words via torrent (for free) complete with .nfo txt document and release info^^

I don't think this release is very syro at all tbh...

I don't know what "These are my twisted words" is.

Again, that's why I asked the question.

Haha you sound like siri rejecting requests from iphone user with speech impediment.

lololol I like that :emotawesomepm9:

Thanks for all the info too, I don't know a lot about radiohead or thom yorke. :beer:

This is really really really great, super high quality all across the 8 tracks. Truth Ray, kicking off the second half, is an immediate favorite.

I wasn't too big on the Eraser, but I loved the Atoms for Peace record. Maybe I should revisit the Eraser after I let this new one sink in.

i like it

but

it gets a bit tedious at points...

some tracks are just far too long for what they are

getting a major moderat vibe on some tracks

standout by far is truth ray, has that hypnotic quality of the best radiohead/nigel godrich stuff.

Archived