IGNORED

Autechre live in Toronto, 9 May 2001 redux

awepittance

only heard bits of the so called NY redux, it's actually Vancouver 1998. but what is it about ? to add fake audience sounds to a soundboard recording ? that's werid.. they could add a massive audience sound, like Ae playing tilapia to some HUGE crowd, knebworth style. could be fun tho

this concept of Brian's got me thinking... is there any audience recording of Glasgow or the other location that had a soundboard from the same tour? The Glasgow recording is still one of the best soundboards ever but I can imagine it being even more interesting with the Brian Albers treatment done to it using a *real* room recording. Even a muddy low end sounding room recording could be used at least in part, you could cut most of the bass range out of it and sort of fake a room sound for the low end (similar to whatever Brian has done here). As long as the room recording isn't overdriven it would probably work

There is very clean Montreal one. It's actually very good as it is. Link for dl is in the video's description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOy94biQGNA

yeah that is really good, I don't think I bothered to listen to it because of the already existing Hemsby and Glasgow soundboards.

in theory though if what people were saying about that tour was true (that sets at different stops were virtually identical) it might be possible to combine 2 different ones together (sb from one and audience from another). Listening to this though i'm doubting that claim, parts of this set sound much faster than the glasgow set from my memory.

i love the remaster but can't handle the fake crowd noises.

it just cracks me up... plus sounds like way too many girls in the audience for it to be an autechre gig. :trollface:

if Brian was willing to make another one minus the crowd sounds i'd love to have it.

why put the crowd sounds in?? weird

I was actually laughing at the thought of that too but I sorta get it now. I was listening to Melbourne 2010 and LA 2008 and I kinda prefer them over Glasgow Art School, which I feel like is everyone's pinnacle live set of Ae. Glasgow just sounds too flat and sterile

Archived