IGNORED

Ebola hits US

LimpyLoo

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Co worker just returned from Carnival Magic, he said it was pure panic on board, some people wouldn't leave their cabins & ate only room service (bc that makes sense) some wouldn't eat at the buffet, or use the restrooms & showers. They got an offer for a whopping 25% off their next Carnival voyage.

After all the shit that carnival has put passengers through in the last few years why the fuck would anybody book a cruise with them?

And full on lol at midnight oil boiling balls

After all the shit that carnival has put passengers through in the last few years why the fuck would anybody book a cruise with them?

Carnival is like a fast food chains $1 value menu, but for cruise lines. You don't want to buy it, but it's so cheap.

You get a smaller portion, less of everything...but man, I only payed like $3.48 for those 2 hamburgers & fries.

i think there's a "twighlight of the elites" thing going on with the growing hysteria. we are being reminded over and over again that infection requires intimate contact with an extremely sick individual and that protections and policies in place will likely stanch any spread (let alone how counterproductive it is to shout "DON'T BE ALARMED!" then again, what are they supposed to do?). BUT those assurances appear to contrast with several highly publicized transmissions to medical professionals, people who are presumably the most prepared for dealing with this. it's no wonder folks are questioning the assurances and freaking out.

when an official confidently remarks that the uber driver and ambulance workers don't need to be quarantined because there was no breach yet in the very same article we read that dr. spencer reported no breach in his dealings with patients, then, shit, why shouldn't we paranoids wonder if it's not worthwhile to hook up the exposed with a hotel room and netflix subscription? i realize dr. spencer and those nurses were dealing with extremely sick individuals who were shedding tons of virus, but given the risk/benefits, i mean, let's just pay for a few hotel rooms.

hubris. it's always hubris that gets ya.

Also it's a virus and only a matter of time before it mutates to become airborne. And then we're fucked.

I've looked into the genetics of the virus and apparently it is very unlikely to mutate in this manner but there is still a chance.

I've looked into the genetics of the virus and apparently it is very unlikely to mutate in this manner but there is still a chance.

Lol and how did you do that, in your homemade laboratory?

Lol and how did you do that, in your homemade laboratory?

No, my lab is used for other things. I used this thing called the internet and read a few scholarly articles.

Have at er'! =)

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1SFXN_enCA570CA570&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=chances%20of%20ebola%20mutating%20to%20airborne

Archived