IGNORED

Ebola hits US

LimpyLoo

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit re:: luke

Unless it's already airborne like the Canadian scientists were saying.

For me, the fact that viruses can and do mutate is probably the scariest part of Ebola.

Dogs and tazmanian devils each have fucking contagious forms of cancer they have to deal with (in the case of dogs: imagine having sex with someone and contracting fucking cancer from them!!!)

Edit re:: luke

Unless it's already airborne like the Canadian scientists were saying.

For me, the fact that viruses can and do mutate is probably the scariest part of Ebola.

Dogs and tazmanian devils each have fucking contagious forms of cancer they have to deal with (in the case of dogs: imagine having sex with someone and contracting fucking cancer from them!!!)

haha sexual

http://www.nature.com/news/will-the-ebola-virus-go-airborne-1.15943

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-the-ebola-virus-will-go-airborne/

Here is what it would take for it to become a real airborne risk: First off, a substantial amount of Ebola virus would need to start replicating in cells that reside in the throat, the bronchial tubes and possibly in the lungs. Second, the airborne method would have to be so much more efficient than the current extremely efficient means of transmission that it would overcome any genetic costs to the virus stemming from the mutation itself. Substantial natural hurdles make it unlikely that either event will occur. [link]

The man who is infected, who was not identified, left Liberia on Sept. 19 and arrived in the U.S. the following day to visit family members.

September 20, 2014 - Never Forget

As long as this liberian dude wasn't randomly jizzing in peoples faces, spitting into peoples orifices, forcing you to drink his blood or spit or jizz, sneezing undeterred into babies faces...we should all be ok.

enterovirus D68, making it's rounds in the states, is a little scarier for people with kids. the whole paralysis thing & all.

also lel @ peace 7

I doubt anything will come of this. Rotten luck if you catch it, but its well within our means to control if you have a functioning healthcare system (which the US doesn't lol)

But much more effort is needed to combat it in West Africa, I remember some doctor asked for a UN military relief intervention and that's basically what it would take. It will wind the economic development clock back decades in that part of the world, unless it gets stamped out quick

just remember this golden rule: if you get infected you should infect as many people as possible around you so there will be more of an incentive to find a cure, especially powerful, famous and groups people to whom the public is emotionally attached, like children. basically cum on children in kindergartens if you get it.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Ebola is highly virulent but easily stopped by the things we take for granted e.g. hand washing, plumbing, plenty of hospitals equipped with negative pressure facilities, supportive measures such as extracorporeal membranous oxygenation (ECMO), a terrified and thus pliable populace, etc. It's terrifying for countries in Africa like Liberia because it can really catch fire if there aren't public health measures in place, people attack the aidworkers under the mistaken belief that they're bringing it in, + on + on. It's sexy as an epidemic agent but ain't nobody been able to step to the flu yet. Shit's the King when it comes to wiping folks out.

This. Jesus fucking Christ stop it with the scare mongering. It will be contained quickly.

just remember this golden rule: if you get infected you should infect as many people as possible around you so there will be more of an incentive to find a cure, especially powerful, famous and groups people to whom the public is emotionally attached, like children. basically cum on children in kindergartens if you get it.

company in Canada has already made a vaccine that has seen 100% efficacy in curing the ebola virus.

http://www.tekmira.com/pipeline/tkm-ebola.php

edit: I can't find the article from the sun but it was used on 2 victims that were about 1 week after testing positive for ebola and they both made a full recovery.

As long as this liberian dude wasn't randomly jizzing in peoples faces, spitting into peoples orifices, forcing you to drink his blood or spit or jizz, sneezing undeterred into babies faces...we should all be ok.

enterovirus D68, making it's rounds in the states, is a little scarier for people with kids. the whole paralysis thing & all.

also lel @ peace 7

we come into contact with other people's bodily fluids much more frequently than you think. ever touch that bathroom doorknob after you washed your hands? what about a shopping cart? ever have a little spittle fly into your face when you're talking to someone? what about that sandwich from subway? you don't know if the guy in the back has a cold and coughed over your lettuce. have you ever used a public computer? that keyboard is probably more filthy than you can imagine. how about that elevator button?

to quote something i read on reddit, people make it sound like you have to literally be rolling around in ebola diarrhea to become infected, when in reality, it takes very little to transmit it considering we come into contact with small amounts of other people's bodily fluids every day. that being said, the chances that the one person with ebola in the united states didn't wash his hands after taking a shit at the airport and touched the doorknob, thereby spreading it to five other people who, after washing their hands in the bathroom to eat their pizza at the food court, touched the doorknob, then touched the pizza, ingesting his feces, is quite low. but it's not impossible. it takes one fuck up.

also lel @ peace 7

we come into contact with other people's bodily fluids much more frequently than you think. ever touch that bathroom doorknob after you washed your hands? what about a shopping cart? ever have a little spittle fly into your face when you're talking to someone? what about that sandwich from subway? you don't know if the guy in the back has a cold and coughed over your lettuce. have you ever used a public computer? that keyboard is probably more filthy than you can imagine. how about that elevator button?

to quote something i read on reddit, people make it sound like you have to literally be rolling around in ebola diarrhea to become infected, when in reality, it takes very little to transmit it considering we come into contact with small amounts of other people's bodily fluids every day. that being said, the chances that the one person with ebola in the united states didn't wash his hands after taking a shit at the airport and touched the doorknob, thereby spreading it to five other people who, after washing their hands in the bathroom to eat their pizza at the food court, touched the doorknob, then touched the pizza, ingesting his feces, is quite low. but it's not impossible. it takes one fuck up.

this

also lel @ peace 7

it's going to be ok Hoodie. I was making light of it, possibly too soon? But, I think it's not quite as easy as you propose to contract. The dude would need to be more of a mess not unlike my sad commentary posted above.

WHO - Ebola then spreads through human-to-human transmission via direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people, and with surfaces and materials (e.g. bedding, clothing) contaminated with these fluids.Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats.

But, who knows, the WHO could be full of shit & they want to thin the herd so to speak.\

Edit: I should also qualify that I'm caustiously optimistic about containment now, but if more & more cases pop up, I'll be in complete agreement with your assesment & quite pissed. quite pissed indeed.

also lel @ peace 7

it's going to be ok Hoodie. I was making light of it, possibly too soon? But, I think it's not quite as easy as you propose to contract. The dude would need to be more of a mess not unlike my sad commentary posted above.

WHO - Ebola then spreads through human-to-human transmission via direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people, and with surfaces and materials (e.g. bedding, clothing) contaminated with these fluids.Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats.

But, who knows, the WHO could be full of shit & they want to thin the herd so to speak.\

Edit: I should also qualify that I'm caustiously optimistic about containment now, but if more & more cases pop up, I'll be in complete agreement with your assesment & quite pissed. quite pissed indeed.

I agree it's nothing to lose our shit over in an extreme panicking sense quite yet, but i also can't help but remember every time i heard re-assurance that "the chances of ebola getting into the west/america" is virtually non-existent/very small/nothing to worry about" by the same "health professionals" who are say this current scenario will be under control and it will end here with this infected patient... :cerious:

it also brings up the realistic consideration that if one infected ebola patient flew into the US, it wouldn't be unexpected for others to have already come here or anywhere around the world as well or in the future.

just food for thought.. not trying to be a fearmonger.

I agree it's nothing to lose our shit over in an extreme panicking sense quite yet, but i also can't help remembered every time i heard re-assurance that "the chances of ebola getting into the west/america" is virtually non-existent/very small/nothing to worry about" by the same "health professionals" who are say this current scenario will be under control and it will end here with this infected patient... :cerious:

Agreed. To be honest I was quite pissed when they brought those aid workers back to the US a few months ago. They told the public how impervious & perfect the control conditions were. I didn't quite by it, as Hoodie stated, all it takes is one. When I heard the news driving home that a person contracted the disease in Texas, I was all like "you sonofabitchs, I fooking knew it". I then decided to read up on it, and my concerns are alleviated for the most part. Defcon 4 at this point I gather. Ebola is a gruesome disease, but as stated by other forum users, a lot of the conditions in Africa aid in the spread of it as well, where there are deficiencies from top to bottom in how to control it.

At least that is where I'm at now with it all. But if shit gets real real. I'm gonna finally get a facebook, twitter account to go off man. real off.

I agree it's nothing to lose our shit over in an extreme panicking sense quite yet, but i also can't help remembered every time i heard re-assurance that "the chances of ebola getting into the west/america" is virtually non-existent/very small/nothing to worry about" by the same "health professionals" who are say this current scenario will be under control and it will end here with this infected patient... :cerious:

Agreed. To be honest I was quite pissed when they brought those aid workers back to the US a few months ago. They told the public how impervious & perfect the control conditions were. I didn't quite by it, as Hoodie stated, all it takes is one. When I heard the news driving home that a person contracted the disease in Texas, I was all like "you sonofabitchs, I fooking knew it". I then decided to read up on it, and my concerns are alleviated for the most part. Defcon 4 at this point I gather. Ebola is a gruesome disease, but as stated by other forum users, a lot of the conditions in Africa aid in the spread of it as well, where there are deficiencies from top to bottom in how to control it.

At least that is where I'm at now with it all. But if shit gets real real. I'm gonna finally get a facebook, twitter account to go off man. real off.

i hear ya .. fingers crossed!

Archived