IGNORED

Pylon Appreciation Society

Joyrex

Back in the 90s I had an internet-themed calendar, and each month showcased a comically irreverent website. One month it had www.pylonofthemonth.com

I miss the 90s

reflective moments pondering out moving windows at these vast rows of huge electrical-transmission-structures are some of the most sublime moments in life, i'd say. very underrated in their grotesqueness, i'd also say. structural/natural dichotomy feels out the yin/yang, you receive me?

it even warrants a loud as fuck BoC old tune that i happened to upload onto youtube 3 years ago...

blaow!

also, we don't even need them. energy is free and all around us and in us. fucking tesla next level shit. this gives them a particularly melancholy quality, but also an aura of their futuristic implications...

edit: fuck, i'm not even high but damn good is this shepards pie!

http://www.pylons.org/

Wonder how many of them listen to BOC...

hahah, funny you should post this as for the past few months i've been taking pictures of power lines (not really into the pylons or the poles so much but like the lines, with or without the birds, adjacent to foliage, with nice skies, or just in selfies (i've been doing skyward selfies, which you might have noticed a couple on here one with tree branches occasioning the image, one with power lines looking like they were attached to my face, and yet another with lovely cloudscape)).

i don't listen to BoC, but i guess i'm not a pylons man, so it doesn't count. Pylons are pretty cool though sometimes, as long as you don't live near one, giant steel frames usually nested in a natural setting, standing bare and fierce against the sky. or something, sorry (leaves subforum).

http://www.pylons.org/

Wonder how many of them listen to BOC...

hahah, funny you should post this as for the past few months i've been taking pictures of power lines (not really into the pylons or the poles so much but like the lines, with or without the birds, adjacent to foliage, with nice skies, or just in selfies (i've been doing skyward selfies, which you might have noticed a couple on here one with tree branches occasioning the image, one with power lines looking like they were attached to my face, and yet another with lovely cloudscape)).

i don't listen to BoC, but i guess i'm not a pylons man, so it doesn't count. Pylons are pretty cool though sometimes, as long as you don't live near one, giant steel frames usually nested in a natural setting, standing bare and fierce against the sky. or something, sorry (leaves subforum).

Odd you would take pictures with the power lines in them... usually people try to take photos with them OUT of the shot...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived