IGNORED

Tuss revisited

atypic

Now that Tuss is officially RDJ, confirming that which mine ears had not deceived me, I went back and listened to Tuss again today (taking a brief break from Syro). Some thoughts:

• It's magic. Putting together the mini-album and the EP, to me it stands right up there with RDJ's best work.
  • If he's got several more albums from this era (even though I love the old stuff, I think RDJ just gets better with age), that's very exciting indeed.
  • Akunk. Is this a joke track? This is the real track, right?
  • Were any of the non-EP, non-mini-album tracks likely to be RDJ? I never looked too heavily at them. But listening more recently to the non-EP Steinvord tracks got me thinking. Hopefully someone here can help me with that.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love Akunk, but I could see why its a vinyl only track. IT sounds like it has a possible 'robot drummer' that comes in later in the form of a repeating bell sound that doesn't sound like a sample to me or manually played, has kind of a pierre bastien vibe. @2:35

I know generally that there were tons of tracks from Myspace (and maybe YouTube) under various array of Tregasin-related accounts. At the time I thought they were all fakes.

akunk is all about the bass. some of the frequencies are so low you need some fucking ace monitors to really flesh them out. total mindfuck of a track with the appropriate setup and in the right environment ...sounds like i'm describing a psychedelic, who's to say i'm not?

akunk is the real deal

Guest Gravity

rushup edge is one of my favorite rdj releases, definitely. 6 tracks and high quality all the way through. synthacon 9 is perfect.

rushup edge is one of my favorite rdj releases, definitely. 6 tracks and high quality all the way through. synthacon 9 is perfect.

Agreed. The pitch bent synths on Rushup Bank 12 are beautifully expressive. Really amazing work.

i want more tuss material than anything. rushup edge might be my absolute favourite release by him. it's short, but every track is perfect. too bad the vinyl is so bloody expensive

i want more tuss material than anything. rushup edge might be my absolute favourite release by him. it's short, but every track is perfect. too bad the vinyl is so bloody expensive

yeah I think Rushup Edge on vinyl would sound immense, I have Confederation Trough vinyl and now I'm kicking myself for never getting Rushup. What a fool.

Agreed about Rushup Edge love, it's probably my most played RDJ material. Synthacon in particular is killer all the way through

Could never really get into Confederation...

i always thought that akunk being on vinyl is: 1) push people to by vinyl instead of CD or mp3 or whatever; 2) classic marketing for having more cash - you are a fan and already bought EP? theres a CD for you with extra track you can also buy. it's just pisstake that took me about 10 minutes to make, but hey! im aphex

i love all confederation

and rushup: death fuck > rushup bank > last rushup > synthacon > shiz co > goodbuy rute

who is Rute?

Guest Chesney

He's saying goodbye to home maybe? linked to Ruth, Redruth? dunno. Probably did it around the time he moved to Scotland.

Syro has definiteley tied up (to a degree) his involvments with other artists or Rephlex releases.

yeh <3 tuss. lp iz phat. didn buy ep coz no GX-solo on hims ffs & fav trak 2 ))))): o well nvm.

sum of dem myspace trax were awsm 2 imo, esp. 'whore', 'whore acid', 'XP4_ACID', 'Maonswoih', 'Noise' .mp3's amung others lol

yeh <3 tuss. lp iz phat. didn buy ep coz no GX-solo on hims ffs & fav trak 2 ))))): o well nvm.

sum of dem myspace trax were awsm 2 imo, esp. 'whore', 'whore acid', 'XP4_ACID', 'Maonswoih', 'Noise' .mp3's amung others lol

yes! i still consider tuss as a whole project, including myspaces stuff, i have no doubt that it has something to do with it. such a clever irony on all idm and aphex-wannabees and himself. especially that vocal songs lol. lots of richard humor there.

and let's not forget that 180db basically was on tregaskin myspcae, and wop - we have it under richard name some years later

yeah me too, i played this record an awful lot since its release, its a top AFX record (even by RDJ standards)

Archived