IGNORED

Tuss revisited

atypic

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toy with the idea it would look like this instead. Consider that Syro sounds very similar to The Tuss work.

ALBUMS:

The Tuss - Syro (2014) Rephlex.

The Tuss - Rushup Edge (2007) Rephlex.

EP's:

The Tuss - Confederation Trough (2007) Rephlex.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reality --->

ALBUMS:

Aphex Twin - Syro 2014 Warp.

The Tuss - Rushup Edge 2007 Rephlex. (Tuss moniker do to Aphex twin moniker bound to Warp and Richard's statement "I've just done that for a laugh. And I might keep doing it, just keep being anonymous and doing different names.)

EP's:

The Tuss - Confederation Trough 2007 (Rephlex)

What on Earth are you saying?

fairly sure that is just a clip from a soundboard or really good audience recording from RDJ playing the tune out. added for legitimacy.

no it wasn't live recording or anyrthing, it was real deal and it was even more raw than final version on syro

wisp also on that accounts, before teddie oggie stuff was released officially. who had originals of 180db and unreleased wisp? rephlex. bass and funk on other tracks were also very descent.

Alize - i have that one in mp3, will upload soon

fairly sure that is just a clip from a soundboard or really good audience recording from RDJ playing the tune out. added for legitimacy.

no it wasn't live recording or anyrthing, it was real deal and it was even more raw than final version on syro

wisp also on that accounts, before teddie oggie stuff was released officially. who had originals of 180db and unreleased wisp? rephlex. bass and funk on other tracks were also very descent.

naw, it came out that one of the tuss accounts (briantregaskin) was awepittance aka John Erlichman. Wisp, who posts here, (or at least used to) gave him teddy oggie to post up. . this was way before Wisp was signed to Rephlex. a good soundboard would be indistinguishable from a non-live tune. it was a more raw version because it was way back then. (2007). i think i covered your points. i was around while all this stuff was going on lol.

naw, it came out that one of the tuss accounts (briantregaskin) was awepittance aka John Erlichman. Wisp, who posts here, (or at least used to) gave him teddy oggie to post up. . this was way before Wisp was signed to Rephlex. a good soundboard would be indistinguishable from a non-live tune. it was a more raw version because it was way back then. (2007). i think i covered your points. i was around while all this stuff was going on lol.

well i see your point. however impakt said that some dude from rephlex roster sang that vocal stuff based on a lyrics he wrote. so if i understand correctly, rephlex was in it some way or another. i believe it was all together mixed) even if it's not, i still think it's hillarious

Toy with the idea it would look like this instead. Consider that Syro sounds very similar to The Tuss work.

ALBUMS:

The Tuss - Syro (2014) Rephlex.

The Tuss - Rushup Edge (2007) Rephlex.

EP's:

The Tuss - Confederation Trough (2007) Rephlex.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reality --->

ALBUMS:

Aphex Twin - Syro 2014 Warp.

The Tuss - Rushup Edge 2007 Rephlex. (Tuss moniker do to Aphex twin moniker bound to Warp and Richard's statement "I've just done that for a laugh. And I might keep doing it, just keep being anonymous and doing different names.)

EP's:

The Tuss - Confederation Trough 2007 (Rephlex)

What on Earth are you saying?

flol, glad it wasn't just me.

so john elrichman was cat189 and made mug bass? and put an unreleased AFX song in high quality on his own myspace page? wait i thought some other watmmers were responsible for making that little ditty that only RDJ could have made.

bollocks.jpg

so john elrichman was cat189 and made mug bass? and put an unreleased AFX song in high quality on his own myspace page? wait i thought some other watmmers were responsible for making that little ditty that only RDJ could have made.

when did i say that? have you heard of a soundboard recording? please re-read my posts. thanks.

when did i say that? have you heard of a soundboard recording? please re-read my posts. thanks.

oh, that was just a type mismatch. in cat189, the 'soundboard' recording and mug bass were hosted together. as for "adding legitimacy" didnt the common folk think 180db was vibert?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest RupturedSouls

Just recently saw that there are 2 versions of the CD versions of the two EPs on Discogs (i hope that makes sense) - does anyone know the limitation of the originals or represses (and the vinyls for that matter)? Had a little hunt and couldn't find any info.
they were all going for crazy ammounts (100 pounds plus) but a few of the Rushup Edge CD's are coming up here and there for around 25 squids. Not sure if original press or repress (most likely the latter)
Wondering if it's worth it - just to have a physical copy of somehting Tussy ;)

Totally agree on the genius in the EPs. It's the missing link between Analords and Syro ;) Bliss!

Archived