IGNORED

Aoife

mechane11

This is a track I made a little while ago but I'm still not sure about posting it (it's nice to have these things to yourself for a little while).

Experimenting with tempo changes and not being influenced by any particular track/artist.

This track never seems to get finished, there's always something that I'm changing and then reverting etc.

Cheers

PS If someone could put a genre to this, I'm not quite sure what it is.

PS If someone could put a genre to this, I'm not quite sure what it is.

electronica :)

Btw, watmm should automatically embed the soundcloud link in your thread if you just insert the complete link;

About the tune, the melodies & beats meander and flow politely, but as a whole it is not that exciting sounding to me. I like the clicky idm beat that is layered, bit hidden underneath the verby breakbeat. Both could be more defined, maybe through mild compression and eq'ing. You could also make the bass frequencies more prominent, not necessarily messing up the smooth lullaby vibe of it all introducing a 808 booommm sub ;-) , but have more contrasts between the high & low frequencies? The few elements, layers in this now gives off a background music vibe, maybe that is the sound you are going for?

I agree with most of Djeroek's suggestions above, though i think the beat could be cool as a background element for most of the first half, then bring it more to the foreground for the second half, especially when the tempo change occurs. If you do that, it would be effective to ease up on the reverb when the beat gets louder, to create that distant-to-up front effect. I really like the toy piano keys, has a lot of vibe. i think with the right production arrangement this could be great.

Guest GateFour

This is quite enjoyable. I feel the track can be developed further and have a maybe more upbeat-ish part at the end. Like a couple others have mentioned maybe bringing the beat slowly into the foreground and see how it goes... hmm, but at the same time currently it has that sketch/interlude kinda vibe... if you know what I mean. ;)

Archived