IGNORED

autechre vinyl

jules

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confield which I found on eBay, I wanna buy some more when I hit Tokyo in a couple of weeks, any good record shop recommendations?

All of the Disk Union stores. There are a lot but the best ones were the one in Shimokitazawa and the 5 floor one in Shibuya which had an entire floor dedicated to electronic music. That said, I went there with a couple other electronic fans and we cleared out most of the ae stuff (except for a few EPs that we all owned already), but we did have to miss out on a few things, including several Squarepusher records :catcry: .. check it out though, they might still have that copy of Drukqs!

There's also a really good electronic-specific Disk Union store in Shinjuku (I think?), where I found AB4 and some Underworld.

Oh yeah! I also went to a little place in Shimokitazawa that had tons of Planet Mu and Warp stuff, it was called Disc Shop Zero, I think. I found a copy of Spokes there, and had to pass on a few albums since it was my last day in Tokyo, including god damn LFO Frequencies, gah!

FLTc1vL.jpg

Copped this while I was in London this summer. They also had Draft at the shop, but I decided to get this as I had already spent way too much money on all the other records...

ace

Confield which I found on eBay, I wanna buy some more when I hit Tokyo in a couple of weeks, any good record shop recommendations?

All of the Disk Union stores. There are a lot but the best ones were the one in Shimokitazawa and the 5 floor one in Shibuya which had an entire floor dedicated to electronic music. That said, I went there with a couple other electronic fans and we cleared out most of the ae stuff (except for a few EPs that we all owned already), but we did have to miss out on a few things, including several Squarepusher records :catcry: .. check it out though, they might still have that copy of Drukqs!

There's also a really good electronic-specific Disk Union store in Shinjuku (I think?), where I found AB4 and some Underworld.

Oh yeah! I also went to a little place in Shimokitazawa that had tons of Planet Mu and Warp stuff, it was called Disc Shop Zero, I think. I found a copy of Spokes there, and had to pass on a few albums since it was my last day in Tokyo, including god damn LFO Frequencies, gah!

Disk Union is sort of like a bigger than Amoeba chain in Japan. It has great stuff, but not a huge selection and prices to reflect the current market. If anybody going to japan wants tips on record stores pm me, they are too good (and inexpensive) to spill the beans on the forum about

The NM Quaristice on discogs going for £49.99 keeps tempting me, but im holding out for a back catalogue re-issue and I will buy THE LOT.

Seriously warp, announce you will re-issue all the autechre albums and I will buy them all (apart from Exai) on vinyl. DO IT.

Look what arrived in the post yesterday...

IMG_1462.JPG

Still sealed, unfortunately the courier was a bit carless with it and it's got a dent in the side.

does that mean he walked it there?

Hopefully the next Ae record will lead to some repress action. It happened with Boards of Canada's latest, and Aphex Twin, and then today on warps facebook:

'Entire back catalog of Flying Lotus repressed today'

I sees a pattern here :catsalute:

Hopefully the next Ae record will lead to some repress action. It happened with Boards of Canada's latest, and Aphex Twin, and then today on warps facebook:

'Entire back catalog of Flying Lotus repressed today'

I sees a pattern here :catsalute:

Fingers crossed Clark doesn't get in the way then.

Guest bitroast

most of Clark's stuff is still available on vinyl no?

i think most of the earlier releases are out of stock on bleep at least.

quick glance at discogs and body riddle is not looking too cheap haha.

actually happy to see the flying lotus reissues tho, need to pick up a copy of Reset (with tea leaf dancers) and more than happy to not pay crazy monies for that one:)

Archived