IGNORED

autechre vinyl

jules

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

ah, well they have plenty of time. having etboy on vinyl would be pretty nice

haha i found it second hand at this cluster fuck of a second hand record store somewhere in the 90s alternative section :):)

i asked the guy if he had any more electronic stuff along these lines and he got confused and said maybe in the 80s disco section.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

The NM Quaristice on discogs going for £49.99 keeps tempting me, but im holding out for a back catalogue re-issue and I will buy THE LOT.

Seriously warp, announce you will re-issue all the autechre albums and I will buy them all (apart from Exai) on vinyl. DO IT.

Be patient. I got a lovely NM copy a month ago for half that

hmm i should really start going to record shops on the weekend. might find some.

the prices for their vinyl on discogs ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Yeah, could be surprisingly good. I found ISS:SA and Gantz Graf for $10 each a couple of years ago!

Yay! Managed to pick up a little handful of autechre in Osaka. Here's what a few hours in the Shinsaibashi area yielded:

Ep 7.1

Peel sessions 2

Chiastic slide

Envane

Draft 7.30

Lego feet

Dilankrex remix

Most expensive being Draft at 3000 yen. The rest cost between 1000 and 2300

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just secured a deal for Untilted on vinyl for $50. Such a steal when I realised that they go for $600 on Amazon.

How does Untilted sound on Vinyl? I won't be able to hear it for a month and a half (as I will be picking it up very very far from home).

While Untilted is nowhere near my favourite ælbum, I will snap up any ae vinyl possible (at a good price)!

Just secured a deal for Untilted on vinyl for $50. Such a steal when I realised that they go for $600 on Amazon.

How does Untilted sound on Vinyl? I won't be able to hear it for a month and a half (as I will be picking it up very very far from home).

While Untilted is nowhere near my favourite ælbum, I will snap up any ae vinyl possible (at a good price)!

I've not got a copy myself but I believe the consensus on here is it's quite good on teh vinyls.

Come on Warp, give us a repress

It sounds great, one of the best ae vinyl pressings imo.

Yay. I'll be picking it up midway through October, and will hear it with my turntable in the second half of October, so I have a bit of a wait ahead of me, but it sounds like it will be worth it.

So I was looking around on Discogs for Autechre vinyl and I found a NM copy of Chiastic Slide for 50$ and turns out the shop was a local record shop. Ended up going there today and trading a few of my own records for it. Got it just in time for the Metro show tomorrow! My phone's camera is pretty lo-tek, srry.
saoRa0B.jpg

I don't think anyone has ever payed $600 for that album. It's unfortunate that Untilted isn't one of your favorites, it's really brilliant.

So I was looking around on Discogs for Autechre vinyl and I found a NM copy of Chiastic Slide for 50$ and turns out the shop was a local record shop. Ended up going there today and trading a few of my own records for it. Got it just in time for the Metro show tomorrow! My phone's camera is pretty lo-tek, srry.

saoRa0B.jpg

$50 is kind of high for that album.

I don't think anyone has ever payed $600 for that album. It's unfortunate that Untilted isn't one of your favorites, it's really brilliant.

saoRa0B.jpg

You think so? Probably it is. It is in super nice condition tho. The packaging and the vinyls themselves look great. Just normal wear from being shelved. The guy said it was hardly played. It sounded fantastic when I listened to it last night.

I didn't actually pay anything for it tho, I traded 4 records I didn't want, which probably I paid <50$ for. Either way, I'm glad I got it.

I've been listening to it more lately. It's moved up. Top 5 ae. I think my list goes: Incunabula, Chiastic, Untilted, Tri Rep.

saoRa0B.jpg

You think so? Probably it is. It is in super nice condition tho. The packaging and the vinyls themselves look great. Just normal wear from being shelved. The guy said it was hardly played. It sounded fantastic when I listened to it last night.

I didn't actually pay anything for it tho, I traded 4 records I didn't want, which probably I paid <50$ for. Either way, I'm glad I got it.

Yeah, I think that album was still manufactured a lot longer than any of the others. It's one of the most common ae records. You probably did the right think by trading for it instead of paying $50.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok Untilted sounds boss. Too bad that I think the seller stored his laying down, because it has what I think is called a ring mark. you can see the outline of the record on the cover. A few crackles here and there, nothing serious. VG+ condition, M++ music.

Archived