IGNORED

Mopfunk - Dogwatch

Guest Retrig

I'm really excited to finally announce Recruit Records' first release, Mopfunk - Dogwatch.

Free / Pay what you want for digital download. Cassette purchase includes digital download and a special treat.

Cassette ETA is November 1st. Pics will be up when I get them in a week or so.

http://recruitrecords.com

Picked up the digital just a bit ago. Album is hella good! Fun acid without being too goofy and same-y, as a lot of acid these days can be. Loving the melodies and classy (as in not too much and well incorporated) sample work.

Quite damn good release! What I love in this is how fresh and sharp it sounds. There's nothing forced in there but it flows smoothly from one track to another. I submitted the MP3 version to discogs so Recruit is now officially there too (nothing exists if it's not in Discogs :biggrin: ).

Thank you so much, Grumpy! That was going to be my next step.

Also, if you ordered a cassette or purchased the digital, I've sent out a code that gets you the bonus Recruit001EP: Mopfunk - Willomere EP, which has 7 more tracks including a remix by Face Culler (Cult Fiction here on WATMM).

Thanks again for all the kind words. I'm really exicted about it!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I ordered the Mopfunk cassette on 14/12/2014 but it hasn't arrived yet. Just wondered if it had been dispatched or if maybe caught up in Christmas post or what-not. Also are Willomere codes still being issued, or did i miss out? I did message through Bandcamp but not sure if you received it. I also tried to pm you this, but not possible on here due to your member status.

Cheers man. I'm not complaining btw, I don't even have a cassette player to play it on. I mainly ordered the physical so i could get my hands (well ears, really) on the Willowmere EP

I think that no-one has received their cass yet. I tried to get in contact with Recruit a month ago and since I didn't get any answer I asked mr.mop if he had any info. Even he doesn't know what's the situation. According to Facebook there were some logistical and personal issues so I guess that's why they aren't shipped yet. Some update would be nice though.

I think that no-one has received their cass yet. I tried to get in contact with Recruit a month ago and since I didn't get any answer I asked mr.mop if he had any info. Even he doesn't know what's the situation. According to Facebook there were some logistical and personal issues so I guess that's why they aren't shipped yet. Some update would be nice though.

Nope, haven't received mine as well but have full confidence that it'll work out.

Nothing in the post here. I emailed and messaged Recruit records as well. No reply. On their Facebook page it said they were shipping the week of Dec. 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, haven't received mine as well but have full confidence that it'll work out.

It's been a bad year for most people. I have full confidence in Recruit/Retrig, just be patient.

It's been a bad year for most people. I have full confidence in Recruit/Retrig, just be patient.

I just received a reply. Pretty much what you said. It's been difficult for Retrig. He's trying to get things back on track though. I'm confident things will work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was more worried that my parcel would have gone lost. That's why I wanted to know if they are shipped or not. I have the digital anyway so I can wait. It's a pity that Retrig was so stoked of his label and now has to fight with some troubles at the start. All the best to Retrig! :braindance:

I got an email confirming the cassette was being shipped, so awesome news there. I haven't heard about Willomere though. Is this no longer available for paying supporters?

You probably should have read the entire email then :emotawesomepm9:

The email i got was from bandcamp not Recruit Records. Just a mail to say that it's been shipped

'All orders for Mopfunk - Dogwatch have shipped as of yesterday. Thank you for your patience. If you haven't received a download code for the bonus Willomere EP, please email me at retrig@gmail.com for quickest response.'

:)

Archived