IGNORED

Autechre remixes - a users guide

BUNKUM

thanks a lot, toosharp, for the scans...

that reminds me. there's just a few remixes i haven't got in lossless format. must get all. must get all.

it's about time someone did a non-processed flac compilation of them all!!

Thanks for the scans toosharp. Liked the set-up of the article, not a simple top 10 clickbait list like Fact would do, but a well thought out, well-written article that actually provides some insight in the way they work, taking only the most notable remixes (every remix I was hoping they would mention, they did). Nice read!

The writer mentions the answer i got from sean regarding the seefeel remix in the AAA thread. its interesting that The Wire are writing about that Laxil folder in the same ways they could write about a proper LP & i do agree on that : i spent many hours/days/months/years playing those remixes on my HD, as much as some of the proper LPs, and of course, those remixes are great. If you like Autechre, those remixes are not to be missed.

Guest toosharp

Must admit, as much as i love Autechre - and own all their lps & eps - i don't have many of their remixes so this article was a timely reminder for me to go back and track them down...that Laxil folder is still out there, thankfully.

Must admit, as much as i love Autechre - and own all their lps & eps - i don't have many of their remixes so this article was a timely reminder for me to go back and track them down...that Laxil folder is still out there, thankfully.

agreed

i have mixed feelings about the laxir comp. while i do appreciate the idea and effort behind it, i don't listen to it much because it's mp3's and most of all because the tracks are processed. you can get almost all of the individual tracks as they were released in lossless formats. i admit however that i don't listen to them as much as they deserve because i tend not to listen to single tracks anyway (i'm more an album/ep kind of guy).

why oh why can ae not release a remix comp??? i know why. still. WHY??? :catcry:

Thanks for the scans toosharp. Liked the set-up of the article, not a simple top 10 clickbait list like Fact would do, but a well thought out, well-written article that actually provides some insight in the way they work, taking only the most notable remixes (every remix I was hoping they would mention, they did). Nice read!

Yeah this. Makes me regret not keeping up with my Wire subscription.

Love the Laxir comp. been listening to it for years as well as keeping it updated.

It was also the first thing my girlfriend requested go on the ipod I got her for her birthday

Guest bitroast

was about ready to roll up sleeve and point out all the remixes its missing but I think that would be missing the point. the article is well written and captures a nice collection, while pretty perfectly acknowledging how messy the collective of remixes can be when compiled together.

This thread has given me the boost I needed to put together a better compilation than Mutachre or Laxir. I'm thinking full FLAC, best resolution artwork, and complete metadata.

Gonna get started tonight

Guest jasondonervan

This thread has given me the boost I needed to put together a better compilation than Mutachre or Laxir. I'm thinking full FLAC, best resolution artwork, and complete metadata.

Team WATMM mobilise! Would be happy to lend a hand...

Guest bitroast

recently got a copy of Empathy Box Remixes on vinyl (thanks again modey!) which has Aphex and Autechre remixes on it.

sort of triggers some terrible urge in me to try and seek out as much of their remix catalogue on vinyl as possible..

of course, if anyone can compile a FLAC collection that would probably be just as good tbh. anything mp3 based just doesn't seem reliable these days, passed around on slsk and re-encoded a billion times to oblivion ... :|

of course, if warp/autechre compiled this none of this wouldnt be too much of a problem.

even just a bleep digital only "here are all the remixes" bundle would be better than nothing.

Edited by bitroast

Guest jasondonervan

æ - fLaxir :catsalute:

I've only got a few of the remixes knocking around on FLAC as I have always lazily fallen back on Laxir, but I reckon it's time to get shit to-ge-tha in regards to herding the full roster together in hi-fidelity (lord knows Werp 'n' Blerp ain't gonna do it anytime soon).

I do think pooling our efforts would get this done a whole lot quicker and more effectively. I'm not talking about sharing this out to the masses or anything, I just think it's a crying shame that this great body of work isn't compiled safely away for the dedicated few to enjoy to its fullest... together we could make it happen. I know there are a few watmm archivists with a fine attention to detail out there. Drop me a PM if you're interested in helping the cause, let's get the ball rolling.