IGNORED

Autechre remixes - a users guide

BUNKUM

Guest jasondonervan

I have about 95% of them in Flac so they do exist... Currently ripping 24/96 Vinyl versions as I have the urge to collect em all :)

:cattears:

I'd be looking to source from digital as much as possible, ie CD or purchasable digital - I've found at least one available via bandcamp by a remixed original artist - but I'm guessing there are cases where certain tracks are vinyl-only.

Guest bitroast

that smallfish remix im pretty sure is a vinyl only.. (I only remember this because that track is a fucking beast and hard to find in good quality)

that smallfish remix im pretty sure is a vinyl only.. (I only remember this because that track is a fucking beast and hard to find in good quality)

I've owned 2 copies of this on record and the sound of the pressing each time has been absolutely awful... It actually sounds pretty terrible even from the source. Going to try 3rd time lucky because as you said, the track itself is awesome

Edited by teapot

Guest jasondonervan

I've owned 2 copies of this on record and the sound of the pressing each time has been absolutely awful... It actually sounds pretty terrible even from the source. Going to try 3rd time lucky because as you said, the track itself is awesome

Maybe we could have someone with mastering skillzors on here to give it a polish?

Guest bitroast

yeah. I had a look on discogs and saw a whole bunch of copies for really cheap. assumed it was the quality of the vinyl pressing more than anything...

Maybe we could have someone with mastering skillzors on here to give it a polish?

the rips constantly sound dirty.. maybe there was something fluffy going on when the discs were pressed ..

mastering and polishing is an option but it still wont detract from the fact that it was sourced from a noisy record..

yeah. I had a look on discogs and saw a whole bunch of copies for really cheap. assumed it was the quality of the vinyl pressing more than anything...

the rips constantly sound dirty.. maybe there was something fluffy going on when the discs were pressed ..

mastering and polishing is an option but it still wont detract from the fact that it was sourced from a noisy record..

Best bet would be to contact Kruton (somehow, whoever they are) Sure they would have a master...

For my money the best Ae remix is Edge of Motion - Earth Ball... Monolithic, would kill for that on vinyl (doesn't exist) :(

Guest jasondonervan

Sure, I mean I wasn't expecting miracles as you can only polish a turd so far before it crumbles :trashbear:

Do we know if there was only a single pressing run?

Guest jasondonervan

dam, khov with the spidey senses tingling. Great work!

OK, does anyone have an up to date list of all the remixes? Methinks it's time to get a googledocs spreadsheet up and running.

Edited by jasondonervan

I say we set up the Google docs with their remixes (pulling from Discogs will probably be the most complete list) and then we can start centralizing all the legit FLACs and artwork in one place. Then just start crossing shit off

Guest bitroast

re: Sensachre 10 mix (Autechre remix)

the instrumental (titled Byproduct 2.b) was released publicly via tweeter, mp3 only but happy to share.

edit. lol, tweeter = twitter.

edit v2.

here it is. (again, not flac but best there is.)

https://twitter.com/RichardDevine/status/363052778752442368

Edited by bitroast

Alright I've started the new Google docs spreadsheet we can work off, I'm gonna add to it later since I'm just getting to work now

PM me your email if you want to contribute, edit, comment, review

What would be the best way to compile the actual tracks? A shared Dropbox maybe?

In fact, here's the ones I have on CD...

Saint Etienne: Like a Motorway

HIA: Speech3

Seefeel: Spangle

Softballet: Jail of Freedom

Palm Skin Productions: Evolution of the Beast

Lamb: Gold

Nightmares on Wax: Sal Batardes

Team Doyobi: Pushchairs for Grown Ups

I've got 71 tracks in my remixes playlist, but that also includes Gescom mixes. I know a fair few of the later ones probably aren't available as lossless, so do we just restrict it to the remixes we can get as lossless?

Alright I've started the new Google docs spreadsheet we can work off, I'm gonna add to it later since I'm just getting to work now

PM me your email if you want to contribute, edit, comment, review

What would be the best way to compile the actual tracks? A shared Dropbox maybe?

Google Spreadsheet = excellent and efficient idea.

Dropbox = a great idea too.

I've sent you a PM to get access to the spreadsheet. Dropbox would be neat too if that's the platform we gonna use. Even though a lot of users have free dropbox accounts with limited storage space. FLAC files will grow significantly and will definitely break dropbox storage limits for most of us.

Edited by Fredd-E