IGNORED

LE GUESS WHO - Utrecht, 20.-23. Nov. [Autechre, Swans, Wire...]

jaderpansen

hey ho... so i finally decided to attend. saturday only mainly for the 'chre. coming from germany, will have to leave quite early on sunday already. i wanted to ask if anyone's up for a meet up and... um... if someone would maybe be so kind to give me some hours of shelter while waiting for the earliest train back home :3 ... cheers!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to reply, but I'm in too! I have a ticket for saturday, and still doubting wether or not I should buy a ticket for the sunday too. If so, I'll find a room somewhere, if not then I'll take the first train home too (around 6am), so yeah, always in for a meet-up :)

I'd really like to see William Basinski, Stephen O' Malley and Selda though...

i think mine will go around 8 am... ah hell if all else fails i'll just spend the night around the venue(s), guess time will go past quickly anyway ;) droney day sounds quite nice, unfortunately sunday is no option for working class reasons :( ...

oh btw there's no timetables announced yet, right? think i'll plan arrival on around 8 pm, should be on the safe side...

i think mine will go around 8 am... ah hell if all else fails i'll just spend the night around the venue(s), guess time will go past quickly anyway ;) droney day sounds quite nice, unfortunately sunday is no option for working class reasons :( ...

oh btw there's no timetables announced yet, right? think i'll plan arrival on around 8 pm, should be on the safe side...

I thought the event was all throughout the day, starting around 4pm, but I could be completely wrong on that... I hope they post that timetable asap so I can decide something.

You could spend the night around the venues at night but most (I think all) of them will close around 4am. Utrecht station at least has some warmth and you can get coffee and food :)

You could spend the night around the venues at night but most (I think all) of them will close around 4am. Utrecht station at least has some warmth and you can get coffee and food :)

good to know, sounds cosy enough :) :catnope::catface:

*note to self: borrow gb from gf*

good to know, sounds cosy enough :) :catnope::catface:

*note to self: borrow gb from gf*

GB? Great Brittain? Giga Byte? Giant Beer?

How/are you planning on getting from 'Trecht to Amsterdam saturday night?

Night train every hour of the night right :)? That won't be a problem I guess. I'm considering the same, since I have a mate with enough space who lives in Amsterdam, if it's OK with him I could maybe bring some extra peeps (student flat with enough room), but can't say anything about that yet.

We should definitely do a meet up anyway!

Yeah, night train communication between 'sterdam and 'cht is top gun as far as ns.nl tells.

How do we do it, technically? Meet in a bar before the event? Coz there's a lot of shit going on at the venue.

Yeah, night train communication between 'sterdam and 'cht is top gun as far as ns.nl tells.

How do we do it, technically? Meet in a bar before the event? Coz there's a lot of shit going on at the venue.

It all depends on the schedule that still hasn't been posted... I have no idea where Swans or Autechre will play, I only know that Autechre will play from 01:30 - 02:30 and Swans will play (a lot) earlier. But afaik there are multiple venues being reserved for the festival.

I know some good places in Utrecht for some beer / ales / other brewskis, as well as a fantastic burger place, so options enough. Meeting up at Utrecht Station seems like a logical meetup point?

I thought chim was going too btw, care to chime in chim? :beer:

But afaik there are multiple venues being reserved for the festival.

Are there? I only have TivoliVredenburg mentioned on my ticket and after reading up a little i thought it's all happening in one place with a lot of halls.

But afaik there are multiple venues being reserved for the festival.

Are there? I only have TivoliVredenburg mentioned on my ticket and after reading up a little i thought it's all happening in one place with a lot of halls.

I got that impression first of all because my ticket said: This ticket will give you access to all venues on the third day of Le Guess Who? 2014, Saturday November 22nd.

Also, I didn't think Tivoli was big enough / had more than two rooms. I completely forgot that they have a brand new (like a few months old) new venue with 5 rooms. But besides that, last week they posted that they added another venue to the festival, and I have no idea where it is:

10501845_871643989521430_189777465962240

But yeah, most of them will probably be at the main Tivoli venue (you have TivoliVredenburg with 5 rooms and you have Tivoli de Helling, apart from each other, Vredenburg being the main one).

https://www.facebook.com/TivoliVredenburgUtrecht/photos_albums

From these pictures it looks mainstream big & glam, though they're mostly zoomed in.

OK, i'm down with a meet up at the Centraal train station, especially if it's so close to the main venue. Let's wait for the schedule then.

https://www.facebook.com/TivoliVredenburgUtrecht/photos_albums

From these pictures it looks mainstream big & glam, though they're mostly zoomed in.

OK, i'm down with a meet up at the Centraal train station, especially if it's so close to the main venue. Let's wait for the schedule then.

We didn't have to wait long, the schedule has just been posted :) too bad the server can't handle all the traffic and it's offline again... But keep an eye on this:

http://www.leguesswho.com/timetable

edit: working now. Saturday starts around 6pm already :)! There are 11 venues, but the acts I want to see are mostly in the main Tivoli building luckily.

What do you think, catch up around 17:00-17:30, go for a meal somewhere, then crawl to TiVr for who prefers what?

19:15-20:15 Savages / Bo Hingen

not sure what to do before Swans, i guess something like this:

21:05 Wire

21:30-22:30 Binkbeats (depends on his repertoire)

22:30-00:30 Swans

00:30-01:20 Tim Hecker

01:30-02:30 Ae

End of Emptyset

03:00 Hieroglyphic Being

What do you think, catch up around 17:00-17:30, go for a meal somewhere, then crawl to TiVr for who prefers what?

19:15-20:15 Savages / Bo Hingen

not sure what to do before Swans, i guess something like this:

21:05 Wire

21:30-22:30 Binkbeats (depends on his repertoire)

22:30-00:30 Swans

00:30-01:20 Tim Hecker

01:30-02:30 Ae

End of Emptyset

03:00 Hieroglyphic Being

I'm pretty much 100% in agreement with this plan :beer: who's in too?

btw i asked them DSPH guys how they got their krakow recording so well, here's the answer:

"As far as your question goes, the recording was done somewhere from between 5th/6th row at the exact middle of the PA. Holding the recorder in one of the hands and completely forgetting about it for the entire show. TBH what came out at the end was pretty surprising to me as well, as I was moving constantly during the whole set in completely freeform directions, while interacting with people etc. However, before uploading the recording a chain of post processes was applied to it to balance everything and make it more audible."

Archived