IGNORED

First Real Hoverboard On Kickstarter

o00o

Needs to be ready by next year for Back to the Future II to be correct.

how about the auto-fit jacket that dries you automatically, the flying cars and the flying around garbage disposals?

tumblr_mmnlwgIMU11rvdee4o1_500.gif

Guest Roksen Creek

Needs to be ready by next year for Back to the Future II to be correct.

how about the auto-fit jacket that dries you automatically, the flying cars and the flying around garbage disposals?

tumblr_mmnlwgIMU11rvdee4o1_500.gif

A lot can happen in one year.

i like the jet pack man from the 70's. shame they never refined that technology.

or, since its all drones now. cartoon when i was young predicted so much shit we have today. Inspector gadget. He had a drone in his hat

That bit at the ramp is just sad. Sure, it kind of works, but it just looks so boring and lame. That's not what you imagine hoverboarding to be.

Guest bitroast

first step is still better than nothing.

video is incredibly lame though.. super tight editing. minute intro of kid playing with toys?? ffs.

Back To The Future Part 2 has marty gaining acceleration by kick one foot along like he's riding a skateboard. i can't even begin to try and figure out what sort of physics is going on there.. that's just never gonna happen I guess.

That bit at the ramp is just sad. Sure, it kind of works, but it just looks so boring and lame. That's not what you imagine hoverboarding to be.

Thinking the same thing, it didn't seem to pick up as much speed as a skateboard and wasn't very directional

i like the jet pack man from the 70's. shame they never refined that technology.

The tech has been refined. Fairly small jetpacks exist now. But the main problem is that if you bend your legs back, you will lose them in a blaze of screaming glory.

The Stephen Spielberg style of sentimentality in that vid was off-putting, and if you try to glide over a rock with that thing you'll be fucked.

Call me cynical, but I'm still not totally convinced it'll work the same that it might from a 1989 Robert Zemeckis perspective.

It's real and it blows.

At least Back To The Future got the part about CGI still looking fake right, but how the fuck do we not have those self-lacing Nikes yet?

those are set to arrive next year. google it.

Archived