IGNORED

Press Charges (Sunken Foal) - People From Your Block

cear

Guest bitroast

interesting. big of a sunken foal fanboy and always love to check out his work.

interested @ "The single is available for free download in mp3 and wav formats from 20/10/14. A vinyl only Press Charges release will be available in December 2014."

nice to see something being pressed, most recent releases have all been brilliant and digital only.

Is this actually Sunken Foal though? I got the email from Countersunk earlier this week, but wondered if it was a new artist on the label or a pseudonym. Definitely sounds like it could be him, just wondering if it actually is.

Unfortunately I'm not into the vocals on "People From Your Block".

The "Inch by Inch" video is a bit risquée, huh? Well done though. But again, not really into the vocals. I really enjoy vocal samples and a more subtle use of vocals, but they're too front and center and persistent for me. I'd rather the focus be on the music (which sounds good) and have vocals take the back seat - or just not be ever-present.

Guest bitroast

hmm not much doubt on my end it being sunken foal. its on his website and sounds 100% like him.

maybe more instrumentals will come out to cater to that vocal dislike :catbed:

I like the track, but those lyrics are terrible. Not too keen on the vocals at all, to be honest.

Guest bitroast

it's probably sunken foal with a singer? sounds real nice

The description in vimeo spells it out,

Vintage synths and analogue drum machines backing >>sampled soul acapellas<<. Subverted harmonies, dancing arpeggios and laid back snapping rhythms underpinning some cautious pads and echoing vocals.

Full album (2x12") on 12/12/14. Really looking forward to it : I was first a bit annoyed by the vocals, but I'm not anymore : I've been listening to both tunes on repeat. Loving Inch by inch's instrumental.

Guest bitroast

Full album (2x12") on 12/12/14. Really looking forward to it : I was first a bit annoyed by the vocals, but I'm not anymore : I've been listening to both tunes on repeat. Loving Inch by inch's instrumental.

i actually quite like the vocals, think the suit the music fine. but for anyone finding the vocals annoying or anything ;...

The album will be available here for 20 Euro plus p&p from 12/12/14. Alternatively, if you purchase a special 20 Euro admission ticket atwww.tickets.ie/umack to the album launch you will receive a copy (vinyl must be collected on the night). An instrumental version of the album will be available for download in December.

Archived