IGNORED

New Kettel album is IMMINENT

Guest murphythecat8

Guest murphythecat8

hi

Okay, so kettel new solo album, which I have been waiting for a painful 5 years, is finally at our doors.

First clue, the new site:

http://www.kettelmusic.com/

theres a section NEW WORK. 3 days ago, that section had not the Categorie 1 written.

So that mean that maybe, we will have two categories?????

I rememeber the interview he made in 2012 where he basically said that the solo album was almost done and that a ambient record ALA volleyed Iron (my favorite ambient album of all time) was also well on the way.

So, based on those facts, I think its fair to believe that within a couple of months, we could be blessed with not one, but TWO new motherfucking kettel album.

If that happens, tears of joy is IMMINENT!

I still need to check out Kettel properly. I only have Cenny Crush from ages ago, and the only thing I know about the man is that he's Dutch and that he once tried to sample Richard D. James' mother for a track (in response to the happy birthday track on Drukqs, didn't happen because Richard said no). I always see him as the Dutch Global Goon, or something.

This track though, is amazing, will that be on this new album?

Guest murphythecat8

I still need to check out Kettel properly. I only have Cenny Crush from ages ago, and the only thing I know about the man is that he's Dutch and that he once tried to sample Richard D. James' mother for a track (in response to the happy birthday track on Drukqs, didn't happen because Richard said no). I always see him as the Dutch Global Goon, or something.

my favorite albums of kettel, so you can know what to listen to are:

my dogan

when can

myam james part 1

Dreim

red pears

Volleyed iron

tadley management

then he has around 30 remix/ compilations songs all worth it. kettel is my favorite artist!

this track is named after a place which looks like this:

weekend_plan_147_5.jpg

it's also the place where the labour strike that first achieved an 8-hour working day anywhere in the world happened.

this is a jarringly twee track and i find it a bit alienating to be honest. it's like naming the track "great leap forward" or "chicago 1886". embarrassing.

kettel, before putting stickers on your suitcase please get a book or two or at least be sure to keep your eyes open while you do sightseeing mate.

ps. some nice tracks on "dreim", the rest was again too quaint

i'm gonna make a múm album with titles such as "finland station", "tiananmen square", "paris 1871" and "salvador allende"

the videos will be some wes anderson moonrise kingdom shite

lol

thanks for the contextualization though, pretty interesting. Do you have any (English) source on that first in the world 8-hour working strike?

In his defense, he doesn't refer to any historical background, just the name of the district? I tried googling the same info but only found descriptions of the area being a nice place for clubbing and tourists. So if I happened to have some really good memories about Amsterdam Noord district, I shouldn't name a happy track after it because it was a place were people were hanged hundreds of years ago, was a dirty industrial place in the 19th century and was bombed by the nazis? I do understand your point though, but can you expect this kind of knowledge from anyone? It would've been different if the track was called "Poble Sec (Industrial Labour Exploitation remix)".

Thanks for those links and tips btw murphy, I'll definitely check them out! That first track immediately grabbed me by the nads.

• 3 months later...
Guest murphythecat8

its official, kettel will release his album in 2015!!!!!!

you can see he added, very recently I guess, this comment under the poblesec video. he released that track in 2013 saying that his album was to come soon.

but now, heres this comment when you go to the poblesec video.

''off the forthcoming 2015 Kettel album (yes, really) -- ''

Guest murphythecat8

indeed about time. Im about to die here :)

one official released, when can, since 2009.

he only release unreleased 2002-2012 stuff and ibb and obb.

cant fucking wait

• 6 months later...

Archived