IGNORED

I do live looping w/ hardware synths 'n stuff

Skeletron

Hi! For the past year I've been building a studio consisting of outboard gear synced up through Ableton. I started a Youtube channel for the sort of live jam videos that came from experimenting with my setup and learning the ins and outs of my hardware...but I've been trying to move toward creating more cohesive tracks lately so I just recently started putting stuff on Soundcloud. Here are a couple tracks.

I come from a classical guitar background so I find it hard to separate myself from the live performance and just start piecing together songs in a DAW...but I'm still learning. Hope you enjoy!

Guest LoveRhino

Absolutely gorgeous stuff and I genuinely salute your approach. Fanstastic. It is in a very similar vein to where I am hoping to get. After years as a musician, band-member, I found that I loved studio work with the electronic side of things but found live performance far too restrictive as my work involves guitar, vocals, synths, beats, etc. I managed to pull of some live gigs I was very happy with mostly with my playing guitar along with the pre-synced bits of the rest of the track and replacing the beats section with a fantastic drummer friend of mine.

I have been a live looping enthusiast for some time working with the Akai Headrush and eventually the Gibson Echoplex, though I reckon Ableton with Looper and a good midi footpedal is the way to go. Once I get my studio set up fully again I will post some tracks myself with videos.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I appreciate it. Best of luck with your studio, LoveRhino. I'd like to hear what you come up with. I'm using a combination of Ableton MIDI tracks for each instrument and a Boomerang III looper, but it's ridiculous how many permutations my setup has been through.

Here's another one.

sweet lush stuff!

I like the looping ethos - with the style of music you're making it lends itself well - almost a meditative vibe

also the walkie talkie thing was so nice!

• 1 year later...
Guest gigasturtz

its really interesting to see someone doing something very similar to what i do but from a completely different direction. your layering and composition sounds great but a lot of the sounds have a pretty "stock" and kind of rigid feel. adding some extra modulation on synth parameters could really help liven up your sound and make things feel a little more organic (sonically that is, you've got the organic composition down).

Your music, i like, also the live approach. I agree a bit on the sound design part. Could be a bit more surprising, but thats a matter of taste.

Just a little hint:

Dont ever use a low desk playing live. Riddimz flow from your spine into your hands, you are blocking the connections and your back will hurt after a while. If you have a low desk, use a chair that is low enough.

A height like that is okay'ish:

http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/download/file.php?id=15923&t=1

Archived