IGNORED

Songs By Cults and Cult Leaders

LimpyLoo

Okay I've had this ace up my sleeve for a while, waiting for the right moment...

anyway, this is the Children of God/Family International cult

you know, the one River and Joaquin Phoenix (as well as some other notables) belonged to when they were kids

• Like 1

and here is their magnum opus "SOS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfU5r63AXY#t=474

Oh, them! There was a Wheel Of The Worst episode where they featured that tape, knowing nothing of its cultish contents at first. It wasn't easy to figure out at first because the tape they recieved was completely dubbed in Japanese. It also featured the Cathy Dont Go song, japanified!

review starts around 26:20

Edited by triachus

All religions are cults , some just have more members & tax exempt status.

:facepalm:

I think the great myth of our day is that, deep down, everyone (save for a select few) believes and wants the same things. The uncomfortable truth is that that simply isn't the case: for instance, 42% of Americans believe that God created humans exactly as they are, and a similar amount believe that Jesus is coming back to judge humanity within their lifetime.

The problem is that many people read a statistic like that and fail to actually internalize it and understand its consequences.

The difference between Scientology and some bigger religions is that we're more desensitized to things like creationism and rapture, although those are undoubtedly as sci-fi and goofy as Xenu and Thetans.

I know the instinct to "be nice" often trumps the instinct to "be honest," but I'd say the stakes are sufficiently high that we need to "be honest."

(of course let's always "be nice", but let's also call a spade a spade if we think it's indeed a spade)

Edited by LimpyLoo

On 10/26/2014 at 9:54 PM, SPD² said:

Interesting. I went to search for music immediatly of course. Apparently Synanon had a movie made about them, and there's a jazz and jazz fusion album made for them.

jazz:

http://www.discogs.com/Joe-Pass-Sounds-Of-Synanon/master/427074

fusion:

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/sounds_of_synanon/the_prince_of_peace___a_rock_jazz_cantata__with_the_synanon_choir_/

Not bad. Not bad at all. Can't find the fusion album on discogs tho, strangely. Doesn't seem to be that unknown.

This cult stooge Jamie has a soundcloud account. He enjoys tea and scones at Chatham House with his buddies. Music sux tho. He read an unfinished book once. He didn't realise that the ending wasn't what he expected it to be. Not his fault though, his Maltese 'music' teacher was a slow witted brute. I've met him in person a bunch of times but I don't think he'd remember me after all these years. Apologies for anyone not in on the joke. :music:

post-910-0-36312800-1414411958_thumb.jpg

Dwight York, the guy who started that weirdass Neuwabian movement (have some fun by reading the Teachings section), was a musician first too. Currently in jail for doing evil shit.

In 2002 York was arrested and charged with over a hundred counts of sexually molesting dozens of children, some as young as four years old. According to Bill Osinski, who wrote a 2007 monograph about the case: "When he was finally indicted, state prosecutors literally had to cut back the number of counts listed — from well beyond a thousand to slightly more than 200 — because they feared a jury simply wouldn’t believe the magnitude of York's evil.… [it] is believed to be the nation's largest child molestation prosecution ever directed at a single person, in terms of number of victims and number of alleged criminal acts."

someone inform Oneohtrix Point Never and V/VM about this

flol @ that video, lets paste our leaders glorious face on lightning, nebulas and frozen cars with Coolsoft

less flol @ the shit they did tho

I found this thing recently: http://www.discogs.com/Church-Universal-And-Triumphant-Inc-Featuring-Elizabeth-Clare-Prophet-The-Sounds-Of-American-Doomsda/master/314118

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz4jhNH-47A

great thread guys

edit: considered posting the jonestown death tape, didnt do it.

Edited by Gocab

Faintly free jazz-funk from L Ron. (producing) and the Sea Org. Apparently he fined them a dollar for every wrong note they played. It's one of my favourite record covers too.

Edited by solarion

• 2 weeks later...