IGNORED

crazy scope stuff

th555

this is cool..

been messing with a X/Y scope & analog four synth last year... shit was good fun..

a friend has got lasers and does computer animation with them... so now thinking of getting an Octatrack, recording the animations as stereo audio, and then messing with them live, sending the mangled audio to the lazorz... should be good

holy cow!

this is cool..

been messing with a X/Y scope & analog four synth last year... shit was good fun..

a friend has got lasers and does computer animation with them... so now thinking of getting an Octatrack, recording the animations as stereo audio, and then messing with them live, sending the mangled audio to the lazorz... should be good

why should remixing be exclusive to audio anyway? kudos!

ps. wait. 100th post! took only seven years! :watmm:

no wait again. i just realized the guy seems to be from around town, or austria at least! :confuzzled:

ps. 101th post! it only took a few minutes!

Watched a lot of these last night and sort of fell in an oscilloscope hole. Such an interesting way to approach composition. There was some pretty cool scope stuff in the 432hz thread as well, if I recall.

Maybe time to get a hardware scope .o.

• 1 month later...

In a related note, the Korg DSN-12 app has a 3D oscilloscope

I just got this app a few days ago, and the 3D oscilloscope is pretty fun to experiment with. With the 3D slider turned up all the way, there's a ton of depth to the lissajous. There's also a few options to adjust how it looks, such as the intensity of the color. The visualization is really cool for some things, but for a track with drums and effects, it's usually going to look like a spiky mess.

What I didn't expect is that it would have such a good sequencer (for a Nintendo 3DS, of course). I'm having a blast writing tiny jams on this thing. The effects are surprisingly good too, especially the reverb.

Unfortunately, there's no way to export tracks to sound files, so the only way to get your stuff out is to record through the headphone jack. No support for midi or osc either.

Archived