IGNORED

Bill Cosby is a big old rapist (on the loose)

Rubin Farr

Guest skytree

No idea if this happened or not, and none of us probably ever will, but I can say that I always skip interviews I see of him as he always seems rather shifty and uncomfortable and/or not quite there (well before he started dealing with senility).

have we talked about the CBC host yet who tried to use the incremental lifting of the taboo of BDSM/fetish culture to excuse the fact that he's probably a violent rapist?

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2014/10/29/interviews-with-two-women-who-dated-jian-ghomeshi

It's all anyone's talking about in my facebook feed right now. Watmm's been a welcome respite from Jian "I wanna hate fuck you" Ghomeshi this week. It's too bad --he's responsible for a lot of my favorite interviews... but the violent rapist aspect sort of ruins it.

have we talked about the CBC host yet who tried to use the incremental lifting of the taboo of BDSM/fetish culture to excuse the fact that he's probably a violent rapist?

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2014/10/29/interviews-with-two-women-who-dated-jian-ghomeshi

It's all anyone's talking about in my facebook feed right now. Watmm's been a welcome respite from Jian "I wanna hate fuck you" Ghomeshi this week. It's too bad --he's responsible for a lot of my favorite interviews... but the violent rapist aspect sort of ruins it.

I hadn't heard of him before this (I don't listen to a lot of CBC). But yes, everyone in my circles is talking about it too.

One of the interesting parts of the story is that everyone around him knew that he was creepy, but not specifically why, and so a lot of people knew to stay away from him without knowing the reason. Glad it finally came out. Too bad he hurt so many people, and that they were harassed for coming forward.

I think maybe you had some personal conversations that spiralled out of control, likely because of tone.

If you encounter a feminist who disregards male victims of rape, that is not someone you need to take seriously, and someone who is giving a bad name to feminism.

Rape culture is a nebulous concept, and I think a lot of silly things are said about it. But you are zeroing in on one particular silly thing, and using it to represent the entire concept, which I don't think is fair.

From my experience, feminists are perfectly capable of applying their advocacy for rape victims to male victims as well. You clearly care very much about male victims... and presumably you can apply that empathy to female victims as well, who may have found themselves in a vulnerable position, not because of the prison environment, but because of the dangerous environment they live in every day.

Hey I have no side in this particular conversation....

but from my experience, "feminists" are not capable of anything other than feminism. They are "feminists" just like racists are "racists", they are extremely one sided and incapable of applying their thoughts and methodology to anything other than feminism.....

Feminism is just as garbage as racism, sexism, and any other "ism" you can come up with.

lol

lol

Edited by tauboo

pains you like prison shower rape, or more mundane pain, like i dunno, realising that you left the pasta boiling for a minute too long (/garh, not al dente, all that work for nothing, my meal is fucking ruined omG).

i never put salt in the water. There's salt in the pasta already, and in the sauce and the butter and the two kinds of cheese. Sometimes i feel like a pariah, given the orthodoxy foisted upon us from myriad television cooking programs and cookbooks and the advice of friends. But fuck em, i'm marginally less sodium.

Maybe it's an idea from back before they had the butter and the two kinds of cheese and their pasta sauce consisted of a sprinkling of olive oil and maybe some basil leaves and a little garlic.

Sometimes I eat my pasta with just olive oil on it, so it makes a difference.

If there's a thicker sauce with a strong flavour, I don't know if I could taste the difference.

Your pasta sounds delicious by the way, what with the butter and the cheese and the other cheese. How do you make it?

In the patriarch society, a real man uses piss as pasta water for the proper amount of salt. O, and a good amount of beer is absolutely necessary to produce the right amount of piss. Plus it gives your paste the faint taste of beer and alcohol, and a good amount of testosterone and a bunch of curly hairs to top it off.

*farts*