IGNORED

Record shopping with Luke Vibert

Herr Jan

Saw that this was in the making a while back, it's out now :)

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-films/the-record-sweep-watch-luke-vibert-try-and-spend-100-on-vinyl-in-10-minutes/

"too new, too new, don't like new records" :emotawesomepm9:

Interesting picks imo, his influences seem to have changed a lot (I was expecting more stuff to sample from, soundtracks / library stuff /jazz / fusion / whatever), you can clearly hear it in his 2014 sets too.

ha wow awesome. nice find man

hard to find 100£'s worth in such a short time. i used to like spending an afternoon and probably find about £30 worth

and yeah i thought he would be digging out obscure soundtracks and 70s kitche electronica

Incidentally, I'll be in London in a week. Can anyone recommend some good record shops to go to. Probably give myself 60£ or so. Preferably all in the one area, don't wanna have to go lugging around the place.

After seeing that, I elect this the Luke Vibert emoticon: :dadjoke:

Haha, definitely! :dadjoke:

Incidentally, I'll be in London in a week. Can anyone recommend some good record shops to go to. Probably give myself 60£ or so. Preferably all in the one area, don't wanna have to go lugging around the place.

This was recorded over at Vinyl Pimp. Check out the other video in this series (there's only two vids so far) to see what that other guy pulled out! AFX in bargainbins etc. Can't tell you more about good shops in London, I only visited Camden Market for record shopping and that was ok.

Depends what you're after really. Sister Ray and Rough Trade are both represented in the Shoreditch area (Rough Trade East was where that BOC Tomorrow's Harvest promo video was displayed).

BM Soho is the only place I know about dance music in London and it's good. As the name suggests, it's in Soho, kinda tucked around the back of Carnaby St south of Oxford Road IIRC.

Old man is getting set in his ways, his latest boiler room set was embarassing.

that sentence does not compute since Boiler Room in and of itself has always been and will always be highly embarrassing

love this record store shopping video, Luke Vibert strikes me as a really nice guy

"old man" I interpret as he just knows what he likes and isn't bothered by any of the newer shit that gets insanely hyped up and rinsed in the marketing cycle but is ultimately style over substance crap for the most part. He still has good taste

After seeing that, I elect this the Luke Vibert emoticon: :dadjoke:

Haha, definitely! :dadjoke:

This was recorded over at Vinyl Pimp. Check out the other video in this series (there's only two vids so far) to see what that other guy pulled out! AFX in bargainbins etc. Can't tell you more about good shops in London, I only visited Camden Market for record shopping and that was ok.

Depends what you're after really. Sister Ray and Rough Trade are both represented in the Shoreditch area (Rough Trade East was where that BOC Tomorrow's Harvest promo video was displayed).

BM Soho is the only place I know about dance music in London and it's good. As the name suggests, it's in Soho, kinda tucked around the back of Carnaby St south of Oxford Road IIRC.

Cheers people.

A Guy Called Gerald...

WTF HAPPENED TO HIM?

One of the most promising jungle producers and DJs of that time.. Seriously, wtf? He disappeared off the map early on in the game. That makes me sad.

Umm...I really like this album. http://www.discogs.com/A-Guy-Called-Gerald-Proto-Acid-The-Berlin-Sessions/release/811217

I haven't delved too deeply into his music. I mean, I like 808 State. I believe 808 State and AGCG both played Bangface shows in the not too distant past.

Umm...I really like this album. http://www.discogs.com/A-Guy-Called-Gerald-Proto-Acid-The-Berlin-Sessions/release/811217

I haven't delved too deeply into his music. I mean, I like 808 State. I believe 808 State and AGCG both played Bangface shows in the not too distant past.

thanks! didn't realize he had something so recent.

Other than shoredich, aim for Berwick Street in Soho, around that area has a few, good second hand record shops as well as a couple of modern ones

and if you get bored of that you can go see some boobies

that sentence does not compute since Boiler Room in and of itself has always been and will always be highly embarrassing

love this record store shopping video, Luke Vibert strikes me as a really nice guy

"old man" I interpret as he just knows what he likes and isn't bothered by any of the newer shit that gets insanely hyped up and rinsed in the marketing cycle but is ultimately style over substance crap for the most part. He still has good taste

kids are out to have a good time and he drops some FSOL snoozefest? give me a break.

he's a fantastic artist though

kids are out to have a good time and he drops some FSOL snoozefest? give me a break.

he's a fantastic artist though

surely 'papa new guinea' is fine in a club !?

Archived