Wisp - New Album TBA

cear

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nortnok
  • 1 month later...

Yeah but dwaallicht is not what this was about

I feel sorry for ye olde wisp, and his aging unreleased albumbum. I wonder if the intervening time has pushed him to desire rewrites. He should leak it with his paypal address, pheh.

I really wonder why there are not more bandcamp releases besides NRTHNDR

Nothing to feel sorry about. There not being a release yet has nothing to do with Robbie or RLR delaying it. I am still working on lots of different material, and I've just become neurotic in the last few years. Any how, good things will come to those who wait :P

Nothing to feel sorry about. There not being a release yet has nothing to do with Robbie or RLR delaying it. I am still working on lots of different material, and I've just become neurotic in the last few years. Any how, good things will come to those who wait :P

ahh so it was rewrites then, glad it wasn't on robbie's end, we were a little worried about him already, hehe. Cheers for the reply braseki.

hrm, I mean, thanks robert moses.

I have to ask though. You had such a good run from like 2003 to 2009 you released relentlessly. what made you stop all of a sudden?

anyways, im sure it will be epic!!!!!!!

I have to ask though. You had such a good run from like 2003 to 2009 you released relentlessly. what made you stop all of a sudden?

I'm not sure if he'll answer, but wanted to give my thoughts....

As much as I love earlier Wisp tracks, his most recent output is something else entirely, a whole new level of quality in my opinion. Some of the soundcloud tracks (Garden of Lethe, 32614, etc) are in my opinion on a completely different and higher level than his earlier works (again, I love my whole Wisp back catalogue!! don't be offended). I think he's grown as an artist and some of his new tracks rival or top some of my favorite tracks of all time from "the greats" (Aphex/SP/etc)

Whatever/whenever this comes out, I have a feeling we're going to be absolutely floored. In the meantime, I'm incredibly stoked and in mighty anticipation for his Dwaalicht vinyl.

I'm not sure if he'll answer, but wanted to give my thoughts....

As much as I love earlier Wisp tracks, his most recent output is something else entirely, a whole new level of quality in my opinion. Some of the soundcloud tracks (Garden of Lethe, 32614, etc) are in my opinion on a completely different and higher level than his earlier works (again, I love my whole Wisp back catalogue!! don't be offended). I think he's grown as an artist and some of his new tracks rival or top some of my favorite tracks of all time from "the greats" (Aphex/SP/etc)

Whatever/whenever this comes out, I have a feeling we're going to be absolutely floored. In the meantime, I'm incredibly stoked and in mighty anticipation for his Dwaalicht vinyl.

as much as I was a ridiculous fan back then of wisp (I remember listening to flat rock like a maniac when it got out), I agree that his new dwaalicht stuff is mindblowing and is quite a step forward compared to his older wisp work.

I think his wisp side will be more chill-out/experimental and dwaalicht his acid side. bit like AFX and Aphex twin

• 10 months later...

If the new album sounds anything like the Colundi live recording I'm a happy guy.

just checked that song on yt based on your post.

holy shit

wisp pls

Actually I was referring to the Antwerp recording but yeah those youtube clips are incredible as well!

btw there was a 2 min clip up on SC some time ago called "Horizon Hill" which sounds like it's going to be a fucking massive track. I really hope that one is on the new album.

wisp pls

Yooooo. Thanks for bumping this thread/keeping the fire alive. I still plan on releasing with RLR, it's just been a matter of ironing out all the details, which  I tend to be pretty shit at. This is something Robbie & I have discussed for a long time, so I am trying to make it special.

In the mean time I have put up an EP on Bandcamp of brand new tracks. For anyone interested, here is the link:

[bandcamp]https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=3882109107/size=medium[/bandcamp]

I have a few other things in the pipeline as well. Again, just trying not to rush, or get over eager with announcements.

Ohhh what a nice surprise! I just got to work but already can't wait to get home to hear this.

Between this and Welkin EP that's more than an album worth of new material this year, we're spoiled!

Thank you for sharing, always appreciated.

Archived