IGNORED

Phyla Zen - Theme For Spooky Nights

PhylumZunami

Sup ladies and gents. I has for you 2day a new EP from my project Phyla Zen just in time for the supremely spooky holiday HALLOWEEN!

(AHHHHHHH!H!!!!! sppooookyyyyy!!!!!1)

https://phylazen.bandcamp.com/album/theme-for-spooky-nights

10390891_736929333047892_359129096762592

THANK YOU CHIM ANDI BLANK<3

:blush:

wow this is some next-level sound design! downloaded it. can you outline your creative process? it really is interesting

right on! well for my creative process.. hm. interesting question. i have no choice but to write a small essay, I'm sorry! for this hip hoppy kind of stuff i always start with some sort of field recording because i can get very unenthused when writing a beat with just synthetic sounds. i normally don't add a beat till i have some sort of ambience or texture to ride the beat on. Once i have that, i'll start cloning sounds and make an EXS24 instrument out of them and after that, alls i need is a good kick/hat. honestly i spend more time EQ'ing kicks and layering than i do anything else. Once i have a good four bar loop, i'll bounce that into its own group onto my maschine DAW and start laying down a melody or bass line. Sometimes ill jam with the beat for hours and end up with a few different patterns to bounce from and ill record the output of my maschine jam and then take that into logic and find the sweet spots and piece the sections together. the melodies/groove never sound the same as how they sounded when they were first written though. the beat ends up taking so many different forms and i love to see how far i can alter it.

for the title track though, its a whole different process. all it is, is a 10 or 15 second field recording of this radio at work that can't pick up a station all the way and i just kept mangling it in logic, adding effects, chopping it up, stretching etc. Oh and insane amounts of compression.

yes, great, thanks for your elaboration :D the fact that you don't start with drums until you have a good ground ambience is quite golden and makes me think how I approach my music........ keep it up man, I'm very interested in your next stuff

yes, great, thanks for your elaboration :D the fact that you don't start with drums until you have a good ground ambience is quite golden and makes me think how I approach my music........ keep it up man, I'm very interested in your next stuff

any time! always down to talk about music making :)

I haven't heard a lot of your stuff before. Must admit I'm very impressed.

I echo dpek's sentiments here RE sound design.

"The blinds...." has some incredible work on the reverb and overall timing of the sounds. Ambient to the next level.

"Hairline Gone"... are you autechre?

Great work man, keeping you on my watch list. (edit.... don't mean like that should some kind of honour or something lol!)

I haven't heard a lot of your stuff before. Must admit I'm very impressed.

I echo dpek's sentiments here RE sound design.

"The blinds...." has some incredible work on the reverb and overall timing of the sounds. Ambient to the next level.

"Hairline Gone"... are you autechre?

Great work man, keeping you on my watch list. (edit.... don't mean like that should some kind of honour or something lol!)

i luv u

Archived