IGNORED

John Carpenter - Lost Themes

Rubin Farr

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you guys all ordering this have all the various soundtracks issued so far, mostly on Varase Sarabande throughout the 80s and 90s?

I'm just curious because there is a fairly substantial back catalogue of John Carpenter over the years. If I was a new to him, I would be starting there rather than this new release.

This is going to be great. I have;

Assault on Precinct 13

The Fog

Escape From New York

Halloween III

The Thing

Any other essentials?

That's a good selection. I would add 'Prince Of Darkness' to your list.

Guest jasondonervan

The main theme gets reprised into the ground, but I do have a nostalgic soft spot for the 'They Live' 20th Anniversary CD release

R-1927517-1284551684.jpeg

So you guys all ordering this have all the various soundtracks issued so far, mostly on Varase Sarabande throughout the 80s and 90s?

I'm just curious because there is a fairly substantial back catalogue of John Carpenter over the years. If I was a new to him, I would be starting there rather than this new release.

Death Waltz is systematically going thru the Carpenter discography & remastering for vinyl. I'm not sure if they're going chronologically.

This is going to be great. I have;

Assault on Precinct 13

The Fog

Escape From New York

Halloween III

The Thing

Any other essentials?

That's a good selection. I would add 'Prince Of Darkness' to your list.

Christine all the way man, one of his more underrated soundtracks but has my single favorite theme he's ever done

(end credits longer / more produced 80s core version)

Archived